The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #4,126 of 7,793
Oh, that looks really clear too ....

So, a black, white, the dark coloured one above makes three.

The only two worth saving for my old eyes is green and blue!!

That makes the full set!!!!

Should be standard on the X1!!!!!!

Many many thanks from an old blindy. :joy:

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #4,127 of 7,793
Oh, that looks really clear too ....

So, a black, white, the dark coloured one above makes three.

The only two worth saving for my old eyes is green and blue!!

That makes the full set!!!!

Should be standard on the X1!!!!!!

Many many thanks from an old blindy. :joy:

Wasn't sure why the bar on the top of the screen didn't change. Turns out, I had to restart the X1 for the theme to fully change :p

Which theme would you like me to replace? I originally replaced the green, but if you want to keep that, I can put the green one back.

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #4,128 of 7,793
For me, themes 1 and 6 are the worst for contrast. 1 is that silly grey with white text and 6 is the light brown colour which doesn't have enough contrast for me.

The black one you did is superb for clarity.

I guess the white is pretty good too.

The most useful standard one to me are 3, 4 and 5. Green, blue and orange. Pink works as well though. It's just the contrast with the white writing that does it. That's why black is so effective.

Many thanks for going to the trouble. They really are better options than the standard ones.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #4,129 of 7,793
  For me, themes 1 and 6 are the worst for contrast. 1 is that silly grey with white text and 6 is the light brown colour which doesn't have enough contrast for me.

The black one you did is superb for clarity.

I guess the white is pretty good too.

The most useful standard one to me are 3, 4 and 5. Green, blue and orange. Pink works as well though. It's just the contrast with the white writing that does it. That's why black is so effective.

Many thanks for going to the trouble. They really are better options than the standard ones.

Alright, here is fw with the black with white icons/text and white with black icons/text:
https://www.mediafire.com/?fc8ohi331yvkxhz

Theme 2 (pink) is still black with white icons/text, and theme 6 (light brown) is now white with black icons/text. I simply inverted the black theme, so it's not perfect. The equalizer preset text doesn't want to change for some reason (for the white theme). And as I mentioned before, if the bar at the top of the screen doesn't change, you just need to restart the X1.

And let me know if there are any other issues.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #4,131 of 7,793
I think you need better earphones to appreciate the quality, an amp won't make cheap IEMs sound any better. My Shure SE535's sound fine straight out of X1, amp might help them sound even better, but I don't want to sacrifice the portability. As with all things audio, your headphones/IEMs/speakers will have the biggest difference in sound quality, after that comes the source and amplification. Ipods got nothing on X1, except sleeker looks.

I will have to stick with audio technika cks77 as earphones for now, (not sure if those are considered good?) And i ended up geting fiios e07 andy AMP on ebay on the spot, i'm not sure if its a scam or what not, but it was 17$, the guy had 2 more remaining if anyone is willing to risk, after all, ebay covers scams

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #4,133 of 7,793
k, with my 32GB microsd that was pre-formated in my android phone when I first got the X1, worked great in winamp (as in it found it, let playlists be made on it, etc etc) but with my 64GB microsd that formatted in said phone and copied over the EXACT files that were on the 32GB, its constantly not being found by winamp...What?

what are some things you guys use to make external playlists (please include plugins too if applicable) with similar functionality to most media players (winamp, media player classic, etc) that works with the X1?

also before you say it, I tried to just format both the 32GB and 64GB inside the X1 before and it didn't get recognized properly by winamp so hence my decision to just format it as an android device making it a lot more compatible with programs I've used before, or at least i thought it did. any suggestions to what I could use as an external playlist manager/maker are MORE than welcome as long as they aren't too hard to pick up and use.

please help :frowning2:

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #4,134 of 7,793
  k, with my 32GB microsd that was pre-formated in my android phone when I first got the X1, worked great in winamp (as in it found it, let playlists be made on it, etc etc) but with my 64GB microsd that formatted in said phone and copied over the EXACT files that were on the 32GB, its constantly not being found by winamp...What?

what are some things you guys use to make external playlists (please include plugins too if applicable) with similar functionality to most media players (winamp, media player classic, etc) that works with the X1?

also before you say it, I tried to just format both the 32GB and 64GB inside the X1 before and it didn't get recognized properly by winamp so hence my decision to just format it as an android device making it a lot more compatible with programs I've used before, or at least i thought it did. any suggestions to what I could use as an external playlist manager/maker are MORE than welcome as long as they aren't too hard to pick up and use.

please help :frowning2:

try to write more clearly. your SD card use on winamp seems be used throught access that sdcard from PC as mass storage device - throught X1?
then, if windows see files there ( mp3 and so on), then FS is not in any wain in this case. you must gather all symptoms precisely, and go from one point to another. in such  mess nobody can help you,i think.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #4,135 of 7,793
  try to write more clearly. your SD card use on winamp seems be used throught access that sdcard from PC as mass storage device - throught X1?
then, if windows see files there ( mp3 and so on), then FS is not in any wain in this case. you must gather all symptoms precisely, and go from one point to another. in such  mess nobody can help you,i think.

...you do realize I can't understand what YOU'RE saying right? your sentences don't make any sense either really...

also asking for playlist managing players for the X1 isn't something 'nobody can help me with'

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #4,136 of 7,793
Hi guys, just picked up a X1 in gold yesterday. Looks good compared to the industrial looking silver colour. Came fully charged and left it running overnight. Sounds really good ootb and smoothes out a little when I stole a quick listen this morning. Though looking and sounding good, I have a couple minor issues here and hope you guys help with some feedback.

My unit's on screen charging indicator shows it's charging after almost four hours. Thinking it's too long for a full charge, I remove the charger and plug it in again. This time round, it shows fully charge and stop charging. Is this normal or anyone have had this issue.

Another thing is getting static noise whenever I plug in and unplug my iem. Do you guys get any of this noise.

Thanks in advance guys.

Update: Tried running down the battery and charge it back up. Seems like it's charging normally now. Will monitor the next charge though.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #4,137 of 7,793
static noise looks normal to me -you move contacts of headphones against others, as so there be may noise in that process.
Do you have a shot of your x1? it was golden, or bright yellow?

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #4,138 of 7,793
static noise looks normal to me -you move contacts of headphones against others, as so there be may noise in that process.
Do you have a shot of your x1? it was golden, or bright yellow?

Thanks for the feedback Drago75 though i don't really make out what your point is. Nevertheless, appreciate it.

About a pic, tried to but just simply can't replicate the colour tone with my phone camera. So i can't post a pic that truly show the nice Light Champagne sheen on it. It needs to be place alongside the silver to have a good idea. Classy looks vs industrial look. Liked both but went with Gold.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #4,139 of 7,793

I agree. It really is. Simple and really clear. This should have been included along with the othe themes. Makes all the difference.

Many thanks. I'm dreading the next update now because it'll be lost!!!!

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #4,140 of 7,793

I agree. It really is. Simple and really clear. This should have been included along with the othe themes. Makes all the difference.

Many thanks. I'm dreading the next update now because it'll be lost!!!!

No problem :wink:

And don't worry, when there's an update, I should be able to just copy the theme(s) over to the new firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back