The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #4,096 of 7,793
I am experiencing a problem with FLAC 96Khz - 24bits tracks. What happens is that between one track and the other of an album I can clearly hear a "micro lag". Music is interrupted and than starts again. This may be a very small lag (0.2sec, I guess) but it is very disturbing. The same tracks seem to run without any problems with foobar and an external DAC that I am using on my PC. Do you know if this a known issue? Thanks!

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #4,097 of 7,793
  I am experiencing a problem with FLAC 96Khz - 24bits tracks. What happens is that between one track and the other of an album I can clearly hear a "micro lag". Music is interrupted and than starts again. This may be a very small lag (0.2sec, I guess) but it is very disturbing. The same tracks seem to run without any problems with foobar and an external DAC that I am using on my PC. Do you know if this a known issue? Thanks!

If you're enquiring about the "gapless" function, well it's not truly gapless. There's always a slight glitch or gap thats audible. The only daps which are truly gapless ime are idevices and late model sony. Happens with any file format but may be exaggerated by hi res.

I get around this by using Heluim Audio joiner to fuse files into 1 with a cue. Works really well when outputting mp3

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #4,098 of 7,793
Finally completed my LIM theme. 

Changes:
All backgrounds
Font
Font size in lists
Default album art
Some icons
Some text and headings
Updated theme selection screen

http://www.mediafire.com/download/msc4yvh4vn3h5cw/X1_LIM_Theme_FW1.1.zip

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #4,099 of 7,793
Take out the photo just because.  Try it.  Make a new folder.  Put the music back in it.  Try it.  

If that doesn't work, live with it, as whatever it is, unless you want to reformat your card, or re-rip the album, or go through the tags step by step, that's probably how it's going to be.  

I will try someday this week. The strange thing the album is listed in categories but not showing in folder view.

Cheers!

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #4,100 of 7,793
Hello!
Sorry, not to read all thread now, but see somehow, x1 comes in many different colors. In a ebay i can see only silver color x1.
What / when is plan to produce other colors? anyone have that info?
Thanks...

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #4,101 of 7,793
  Hello!
Sorry, not to read all thread now, but see somehow, x1 comes in many different colors. In a ebay i can see only silver color x1.
What / when is plan to produce other colors? anyone have that info?
Thanks...

To my knowledge it only comes in silver right now.  The package includes some stickers that enables the user to change the appearance of the X1 with different colors and designs.  Could this be what you are seeing?

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #4,102 of 7,793
http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/47/500x1000px-LL-47eaec78_X1.jpeg

with complete "stickers" can be possible reach that result, as in pic above?

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #4,106 of 7,793
There was talk a number of pages back about color choices, but also talk about how small a company Fiio is.  It was hard to tell if there will actually be color choices, and when.  Buy a case for it and see if your wife likes that.

http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Leather-Case-FiiO-LC-X1/dp/B00P08V1YQ/ref=pd_sim_e_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=15B4BHEWWTE6CS2PP7ZB

http://www.amazon.com/Dignis-Leather-Korea-X1-Black/dp/B00ONK6WE6/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=15B4BHEWWTE6CS2PP7ZB    This one comes in Black, Brown, and Orange 

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #4,107 of 7,793

The device clicks when it changes decoders from playing, say, a 24/192 to a 16/44.  If you are talking about just a silent space between tracks, I have a ton of large 24bit and DSD and there is a slight gap, even with gapless on, between them.   You can use a cue and make them one long file as mentioned above, I suppose.  

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #4,108 of 7,793
E-mailed FiiO about the issue I had with the 'All Songs' menu showing the filename instead of the song title. Here is their response in case anyone is also wondering:

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO!

Yes, we don't make the songs show the Song Title in the song lists, because some songs don't have the song title, such as CUE file. Think about it, if there are many many CUE files in the TF card, but users can't found them on the X1, and this situation will make users very confused. 
So if any inconvenient, pls understand it!

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #4,109 of 7,793

The device clicks when it changes decoders from playing, say, a 24/192 to a 16/44.  If you are talking about just a silent space between tracks, I have a ton of large 24bit and DSD and there is a slight gap, even with gapless on, between them.   You can use a cue and make them one long file as mentioned above, I suppose.  

The X1 plays DSD???

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #4,110 of 7,793
bigsmile_face.gif
  No, but the X5 does.  The gapless, or lack thereof, seems to go across both devices.  I can down convert the DSD to 24/192 to use on the X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back