The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #4,021 of 7,793
  i wish it scrolled faster

Spin your finger faster 
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #4,025 of 7,793
If you have a lot of songs, first I would suggest to use the lower button to scroll instead of the wheel, you look a little less like a psychopath when you'll do that in the street, and it's just easier for long movements.

my own way of dealing with browsing(I just took that from my supa dupa boring ongoing review that I'm trying to finish) requires the mp3tag software, but you can surely do it another way. If you never ever cleaned your tags, then you will go faster just drag and dropping folders manually. mp3tag uses id3 tags to do whatever you ask, if your tags are a mess you'll ruin your library.

/!\ WARNING /!\ If you never used mp3tag or are not familiar with it, I urge you to make a backup of your files before starting to mess around with them!!! don't blame me later for not doing so.

With mp3tag I use something like this:
F:\Music\$left(%artist%,1)\%artist%\%album%\$num(%track%,2)-%title%
The red part being what you want.

F:\Music\  that part is just my drive path, disc F being my µSD nothing special. I would have already selected the album that I want to send on the µSD and use MP3tag to do the upload.

$left(%artist%,1) that one is the juicy one, it tells mp3tag to get a folder that will be named with the first letter of the artist's name. Boom!!!! Mind blown!!! You just got yourself an alphabet browsing.
You will end up with all artists starting by A in the folder cleverly named A ^_^. (Again you can also do that manually by making ABCDFG... folders and then drag&dropping).

\%artist%\%album%\$num(%track%,2)-%title% that might not be what you guys want, but I suggest to use that part $num(%track%,2)-%title% for FIIO anyway as having the track number at the beginning of the track name will make sure the DAP will always play the album in the right order(again if your tags are a mess that might not work as intended).

Anyway you do it however you like, the result is that you will browse by folder on your X1, see one folder per alphabet letters, you rapidly go to the one you want, then inside it will be the artists starting with that letter. so that's a lot less lines to browse into, and then the album and song.
The more songs you have the more you will benefit from something like this IMO.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #4,026 of 7,793
Nov 20, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #4,028 of 7,793
  OMG did you pay over £1000 for headphones?

Is there really a difference in sound from sub £250 headphones?

I tend to break headphones too much so at that price I'd be too worried about them.

There are differences but I would say that you should try and then decide. Some musicians I know, starting from my brother, told me that I was completely idiot when I got the LCD-XC, Then they loved it. My brother is possibly using the LCD-XC more than me. Most of "non-interested" people I know that tested my equipment found the HD650 to be the best headphone. Some preferred the HD380 that is a very valid choice for about 100€.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #4,030 of 7,793
I spent a few hours making seven playlists. That was an exercise in patience. I would love to add a song to a playlist without having to play the song,unless I am doing something wrong in the first place.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #4,031 of 7,793
@JamesFiiO would it be possible to have a list of the id3tags used by the X1? I'm guessing that could help a few guys to solve their "bugs" by simply removing those that will not be used.

also I asked on the v1.1 firmware's topic, but could I get a listing of the english text for the menus (so that I don't have to copy them all line by line) to suggest some french language corrections for a future firmware update? the actual texts are not always clear, and a few are things nobody would actually use to name the function. I went back to english, that's how ok I thought it was ^_^.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #4,033 of 7,793
  @JamesFiiO would it be possible to have a list of the id3tags used by the X1? I'm guessing that could help a few guys to solve their "bugs" by simply removing those that will not be used.

also I asked on the v1.1 firmware's topic, but could I get a listing of the english text for the menus (so that I don't have to copy them all line by line) to suggest some french language corrections for a future firmware update? the actual texts are not always clear, and a few are things nobody would actually use to name the function. I went back to english, that's how ok I thought it was ^_^.

Would you rather have the English text? Or the French text so you can make corrections? I can get you the text files tomorrow.

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #4,034 of 7,793

Would you rather have the English text? Or the French text so you can make corrections? I can get you the text files tomorrow.

either is fine in fact, as I would scroll through the other one with the X1. but maybe french to french would make more sense on FIIO's side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back