The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #4,006 of 7,793
Hearing that the scroll wheel from early X1 had issues that required sorting does not inspire me with confidence

FIIO: hey we fixed your door!
Alje: hmm I'm concerned about that door now.

biggrin.gif

Kind of worried with mine, shipping to Brazil takes a while, hope mine is OK 
blink.gif
frown.gif

whatever problem they had it was in the early batches, so probably not something that was sent to brazil. they always deliver in china first and then open up the market. and you might have noticed, china is pretty huge, so don't start worrying about a solved problem.
wink_face.gif

there is a difference between prudence and paranoia.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #4,007 of 7,793
  whatever problem they had it was in the early batches, so probably not something that was sent to brazil. they always deliver in china first and then open up the market. and you might have noticed, china is pretty huge, so don't start worrying about a solved problem.
wink_face.gif

The problem is that I bought mine from Aliexpress since price here is pretty high (and even the E11k is no avaliable yet) 
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #4,008 of 7,793
Read the reviews.  It's not an iPod type (non-mechanical) scroll wheel.  It's mechanical - so there is a tiny bit of play. The X1 scroll wheel is better than the X5 wheel, and my X5 (as are pretty much everyone else's) is still going strong after a huge amount of use.

If you read the original reply - it wasn't from Fiio - it was from a retailer/wholesaler.

If Fiio had a problem, they would have alerted their user base.  That's how they operate.  Their customer service is incredible.

There is no problem with the X1 wheel.  One or two users reading something that Fiio didn't even send, and creating a problem that doesn't exist ......

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #4,009 of 7,793
  Read the reviews.  It's not an iPod type (non-mechanical) scroll wheel.  It's mechanical - so there is a tiny bit of play. The X1 scroll wheel is better than the X5 wheel, and my X5 (as are pretty much everyone else's) is still going strong after a huge amount of use.

If you read the original reply - it wasn't from Fiio - it was from a retailer/wholesaler.

If Fiio had a problem, they would have alerted their user base.  That's how they operate.  Their customer service is incredible.

There is no problem with the X1 wheel.  One or two users reading something that Fiio didn't even send, and creating a problem that doesn't exist ......

ok ok, thanks 
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #4,010 of 7,793
I do like my new Fiio X1. I am not a pro user but I tested the DAC with a couple of different amp (line out mode) and I could not really hear any difference between the Fiio X1 and my EHP-O2 DAC most of the time. Just my 2 cents: I could not find any difference between a Benchmark DAC1 and my O2. So thanks to Fiio for the nice and affordable product! The amp section maybe it is not the best but I need to test it more. I am thinking about an E12 and I'd like to know if anybody has tested this combo.

Testing the X1 with the HD650 and an "old" Denon AH-D7000:

X1 with a newer LCD-XC (mic is there for volume-matching, blind testing with a couple of friends):

I do really like the X1/LCD-XC combo. Am I the only crazy one
biggrin.gif
?
Next I'll try to test some amps to see if I could benefit from an amp upgrade/change.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #4,011 of 7,793
Maybe wrong thread, but as a fiio x1 owner i would like to understand more about it, if i would want to get nicer sounding music from, i need to buy a portable amp and conect it to the earphone out, or the line out? Also, for now, 70$ is all i can spend, is it worth? Or i wount get that much better audio for this price?

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #4,012 of 7,793
Broke:  "The X1 scroll wheel is better than the X5 wheel"

Really?  My X5 wheel is much better than my X1 wheel, in terms of feel and use.  

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #4,013 of 7,793
Maybe wrong thread, but as a fiio x1 owner i would like to understand more about it, if i would want to get nicer sounding music from, i need to buy a portable amp and conect it to the earphone out, or the line out? Also, for now, 70$ is all i can spend, is it worth? Or i wount get that much better audio for this price?

The line out and the headphone out socket is the same socket, you change a setting in the settings menu to change from headphone out to line out.

I use a Topping NX1 amp which is very cheap (under £30) and the sound is better than just using head phones from the X1.

It is probably not worth it for Mp3 files but definitely better sounding with FLACs. You'll need high end headphones or in ear phones to take full advantage of it though.

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #4,014 of 7,793
  I do like my new Fiio X1. I am not a pro user but I tested the DAC with a couple of different amp (line out mode) and I could not really hear any difference between the Fiio X1 and my EHP-O2 DAC most of the time. Just my 2 cents: I could not find any difference between a Benchmark DAC1 and my O2. So thanks to Fiio for the nice and affordable product! The amp section maybe it is not the best but I need to test it more. I am thinking about an E12 and I'd like to know if anybody has tested this combo.

Testing the X1 with the HD650 and an "old" Denon AH-D7000:
I do really like the X1/LCD-XC combo. Am I the only crazy one
biggrin.gif
?
Next I'll try to test some amps to see if I could benefit from an amp upgrade/change.

OMG did you pay over £1000 for headphones?

Is there really a difference in sound from sub £250 headphones?

I tend to break headphones too much so at that price I'd be too worried about them.

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #4,016 of 7,793

I think you're in a wrong forum to ask that. 
evil_smiley.gif

With cheaper players like the X1 coming to the you'll get a lot of us cheapskates on here. :)

I get squemish  at the thought of paying £400 for a pair of headphones.

I'd love to try them out some time and see if the sound quality really is worth the extra expense.

I have very good hearing, but the trouble is I also have hyperaccusis which means I tend to hear everything at the same level, so not sure it would make a difference for me.

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #4,017 of 7,793
You can buy really good iems for a couple of hundred US dollars.  You can buy really good iems for <$400 US dollars.  Or you can really good iems for >$1000 US dollars.  Lots of choices and sound signatures.  It depends on what you like and what you want to spend and what you listen to.  Read the forums to get a better idea.

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #4,018 of 7,793
  Broke:  "The X1 scroll wheel is better than the X5 wheel"

Really?  My X5 wheel is much better than my X1 wheel, in terms of feel and use.  

Assume you meant "Brooko"

And yes - my X1 wheel is tighter (has less play) than my X5 wheel.  This of course could be down to use.  I've had the X5 for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back