The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jul 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #1,276 of 7,793
This would be a better adaptor than the one I have previously mentioned

only thing left to do is to find a safe way to secure it to the device. I have some ideas myself, but it would be nice to hear other people's take on it.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,277 of 7,793
This would be a better adaptor than the one I have previously mentioned

only thing left to do is to find a safe way to secure it to the device. I have some ideas myself, but it would be nice to hear other people's take on it.

That's the one i have. In the X3 i needed to add a bit of plastic to the back to make it stay connected. It will work then though.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #1,278 of 7,793
That's the one i have. In the X3 i needed to add a bit of plastic to the back to make it stay connected. It will work then thoug

cool! nice to see some1 have alreadz experimented with that! perhaps you could uplod some pics? the most interesting part for me is the part where the micro sd adaptor connects to the device, and how you keep it safe from getting damaged. also if the SD card can be placed on the back of the device 180 degrees from the micro sd connector

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #1,279 of 7,793
cool! nice to see some1 have alreadz experimented with that! perhaps you could uplod some pics? the most interesting part for me is the part where the micro sd adaptor connects to the device, and how you keep it safe from getting damaged. also if the SD card can be placed on the back of the device 180 degrees from the micro sd connector

I can't seem to find them right now. Dropped my ipad in the process of searching them. Nothing broke but it's clearly a sign from the heavens that i should cease this quest for now. I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the back. Convenient wise i would go with 2 128GB mSD cards though.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #1,280 of 7,793
I can't seem to find them right now. Dropped my ipad in the process of searching them. Nothing broke but it's clearly a sign from the heavens that i should cease this quest for now. I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the back. Convenient wise i would go with 2 128GB mSD cards though.

yo, yup dont rush it^^ im glad nothing got broken. 
The X1 got only 1 mSD slot. Meaning using this adaptor I'm gonna be using 1 128gb SD card but i would really like to see how you made the connector sit there safe and tight , not now though, continue with the quest later^^  good night!

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,281 of 7,793
The X1 got only 1 mSD slot. Meaning using this adaptor I'm gonna be using 1 128gb SD card but i would really like to see how you made the connector sit there safe and tight , not now though, continue with the quest later^^  good night!

Whoops, i thought this was the X5 thread :X

I think it should fit. A ribbon cable is pretty flexible.

I'm still a bit shocked from the drop. Oh man that's scary.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #1,284 of 7,793

I've taken some pictures. Measurements are in centimeters.
If you need anything else, just tell me :)

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #1,285 of 7,793
Just to give you guys an idea on how they will fit together:

SAM_6574r.jpg

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,286 of 7,793

SAM_6574r.jpg

If FiiO come out with a silicon case for X1 that could hide the adapter away neatly. Just ease it on gently.

Just don't catch the ribbon or kink it....

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,287 of 7,793
Do any of you really think that this dongle is really worth the hassle over a plain micro SD card?

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #1,288 of 7,793
A big appendage like that completely eliminates the portability and convenience that the X1 was designed to bring...

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #1,289 of 7,793
Depending how well it can be tucked away (I've never tried it so purely speculation) it'd be less obstructive than strapping an amp to the player.

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,290 of 7,793
I've taken some pictures. Measurements are in centimeters.
If you need anything else, just tell me
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you very  much! this is exactly what i was expecting, though they have no dimensions on the given site so this was a great help!

SAM_6574r.jpg

Very nice, I actually thought that the card slot is on the buttom... ow well..
looks good and fits right it with the X1. im still wondering, since the backplate is made out of plastic, if it 
would be possible to shove this whole thing  below it so that it wont stick so much out and cut a small hole on the eight side of the pic so that you can insert the sd cards, 
have you tried opening the back cover? is there any space there?
  Do any of you really think that this dongle is really worth the hassle over a plain micro SD card?

my idea was to just hold it in place with some back carbon sticker ,, as easy as that...
it depends on each person.. If you are rather paying x2 or 3 (not sure) for the same capacity cards just in "micro" size, that's your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back