The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #6,856 of 7,793
I personally don't really use the X1 as a DAP alone, but as a transport (pair it with an amp), I personally feel that it is good enough for me for what it is capable of as well. The DX50 that I had was obviously superior in some ways, but I never regret of trading it away for the X1 one bit. Enjoy the X1!

I'm currently using an Akg Q701 until my Fostex TH-00's get here in May and I think it sounds great just out of X1. I'm going to try and avoid buying a portable amp since I've already dropped so much money on headphone equipment these last 2 months.

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #6,857 of 7,793
In a ratio of 3: 3, as the Fiio X1 is better quality than the Sony Walkman E585?

Why I am considering whether to buy how to replace the Fiio x1 (I do not care the line out, I was interested in only the overall audio quality)

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #6,858 of 7,793
  In a ratio of 3: 3, as the Fiio X1 is better quality than the Sony Walkman E585?

Why I am considering whether to buy how to replace the Fiio x1 (I do not care the line out, I was interested in only the overall audio quality)

it may depend on what you plug in them. the sony can be a little more hissy on super sensitive IEMs, the signature could change more on multi BA IEMs. all in all I don't recommend super low impedance and high sensitivity into the sony.
and for harder to drive fullsize headphones, the X1 will go a little louder if that matters.

the sony is really nothing special when it comes to sound(that's saying it nicely). but it's such a tiny little DAP with so many hours of battery, that in itself it can be a reason to go for it and just enjoy the ease of use.
I never use my E585 anymore since I have a sony A15 to play the role of the smaller longer lasting DAP when I want one. but it's mainly because it has a µSD slot. the E585 doesn't, and limited compatibility with flac. usually it will play but the metadata will be messed up and keep showing a previous song or jokes like that.

for overall audio quality, the X1 measures way better under pretty much any condition.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #6,859 of 7,793
Thanks for your reply ...
Actually one of the reasons I wanted to replace the Sony Walkman, was because of its small memory and no microsd ...
But I wanted to be sure that it was worth it for the audio quality, which is the most important aspect for me...

I probably take the KEF 500 headphones...

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #6,861 of 7,793
Got me an e12 + x3ii case which looks really nice, the dark brown with the metal blue... Enjoying d sound immensely at d moment...

Is X1 will fit loose inside the case ? The case is for accomodate a fatter dap.

Is this simili-leather case from FiiO or genuine leather case from Dignis ?

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #6,863 of 7,793
I think it's an X1 in the FiiO X3ii case. 

Exacte, je m'en doutais bien! Un X1 dans un case X3ii.

Je disais que le X1 étant plus petit que le X3, il pouvait y avoir un certains jeux a l'intérieur. Sinon, utiliser des élastiques pour l'empêcher de trop bouger dans le transport.

Je demandais aussi, si son case était de FiiO ou de Dignis!!

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #6,864 of 7,793
Exacte, je m'en doutais bien! Un X1 dans un case X3ii.

Je disais que le X1 étant plus petit que le X3, il pouvait y avoir un certains jeux a l'intérieur. Sinon, utiliser des élastiques pour l'empêcher de trop bouger dans le transport.

Je demandais aussi, si son case était de FiiO ou de Dignis!!

Oui, le x3ii est just 2mm plus epais. Peut etre il a met un peux de papier (out quelque chose d'autre) dedans. 

Je pense que son case est de FiiO. Ca c'est le case de Dignis:

Les boutons sont couvrir et dans l'autre photo, les boutons (volume+power) sont expose.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #6,866 of 7,793
How did you get the X3ii case to fit the X1 snug? There is a 2mm difference between the X3ii and X1. 2mm thick cardboard?

I've asking him already without any answer yet. I think He insert his X1 into an X3ii FiiO case. Using elastic and some paper or some foam to fill the gaps.

I'm get an hurry to got mine, 15 days!

Mar 23, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #6,867 of 7,793
I've asking him already without any answer yet. I think He insert his X1 into an X3ii FiiO case. Using elastic and some paper or some foam to fill the gaps.

I'm get an hurry to got mine, 15 days!

I think all you'd need to do is cut a piece of 2mm bristol board to size and slide it and the X1 into the case and it should fit pretty tight.

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #6,868 of 7,793
I think all you'd need to do is cut a piece of 2mm bristol board to size and slide it and the X1 into the case and it should fit pretty tight.

I'm not see the need for all this works! He just Keep using the silicone, or Just buy an X1 leather case instead that will fit snug. Maybe he already done what you have mention here!

Eventualy, I will order a FiiO case and will see if it fit the bill. Before ordering the Dignis.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #6,869 of 7,793
I'm not see the need for all this works! He just Keep using the silicone, or Just buy an X1 leather case instead that will fit snug. Maybe he already done what you have mention here!

Eventualy, I will order a FiiO case and will see if it fit the bill. Before ordering the Dignis.

Fiio Doesn't make a decent case for the X1. All they have is a blue flip case and the plastic case. The silicone cases are gone so you can either buy a dignis case for the X3ii or the fiio leather case for the X3ii and stuff something inside of them to make up for the X1 being 2mm thinner than the X3ii. I sure wish they would bring back the silicone case..

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #6,870 of 7,793

Fiio Doesn't make a decent case for the X1. All they have is a blue flip case and the plastic case. The silicone cases are gone so you can either buy a dignis case for the X3ii or the fiio leather case for the X3ii and stuff something inside of them to make up for the X1 being 2mm thinner than the X3ii. I sure wish they would bring back the silicone case..

Well, there is the Dignis case for the X1 as well.
http://dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=70&cate_no=54&display_group=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back