The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #6,601 of 7,793
Interesting, I haven't experianced an appreciable noise issue (hiss) with the X2. It's pretth much on par with my X1. But oddly? I tend to use different IEM's with it and I use it differently as well. Like I used the clip, exercising chores etc. I tend run Havi's, Phonak PFE and UE500 the most with it. I'll have to take a look and listen.

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #6,603 of 7,793
Does anyone know a case which also accomodates a small amp?

The 5tx is just the same size.

I hope there is one I have been using the supllied rubber bands (unsatisfactory ) and on occasion the small bag the came witn the Puro iem500. It perfectly sized and the knit material keeps them together ( both Fiio a3 and Topping nx1) and allows it to easily slide in and out of the pocket. As much as I dislike the rubber cover I still keep it on it. So far the iem bags are all I've found for a combo.

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #6,605 of 7,793
It's the best I have so far too. I am using the snap bag from my e100. Maybe an old ipod sock.

I was afraid of that. You know I have never put and iem in any of those "socks" or soft cases so I absolutly sure they were purpose built as filler. Ah well if I run into anything I'll post it here, as I know your interested.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #6,606 of 7,793
I hope there is one I have been using the supllied rubber bands (unsatisfactory ) and on occasion the small bag the came witn the Puro iem500. It perfectly sized and the knit material keeps them together ( both Fiio a3 and Topping nx1) and allows it to easily slide in and out of the pocket. As much as I dislike the rubber cover I still keep it on it. So far the iem bags are all I've found for a combo.

I like the silicone case much better than the plastic ones they use now. At least the silicone offers some protection.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #6,607 of 7,793
I like the silicone case much better than the plastic ones they use now. At least the silicone offers some protection.

It does offer excellent protection, I haven't seen the plastic covers, mine have the silicone (x1, x3ii). I really like the look of the unit without to cover, especially the titanium collr of the X3ii. I just can't bring myself to use it unprotected. The real issue for me is the silicone drags when I pocket it, ah well if this is the only complaint ( and it is ) I have , it's so minimal as to be almost inconsequencial.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #6,608 of 7,793
It does offer excellent protection, I haven't seen the plastic covers, mine have the silicone (x1, x3ii). I really like the look of the unit without to cover, especially the titanium collr of the X3ii. I just can't bring myself to use it unprotected. The real issue for me is the silicone drags when I pocket it, ah well if this is the only complaint ( and it is ) I have , it's so minimal as to be almost inconsequencial.

I have two X3ii. The first one came with the silicone case but the second come with the plastic one which doesn't cover the face or the ends at all. It does cover the back and sides. Fortunately I was able to get a couple silicone ones from Fiio before their stock had run out. But even if the plastic case was my only option it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #6,609 of 7,793

Hi, we replace the provided black silicon case with clear hard cases for all the music players, and have already posted a statement in our official website: http://fiio.net/en/story/277.
Every coin has 2 sides, so hope you guys can understand. :)

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 21, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #6,610 of 7,793
  Hi, we replace the provided black silicon case with clear hard cases for all the music players, and have already posted a statement in our official website: http://fiio.net/en/story/277.

I had heard that. I don't have any issues with on ill odor and do like the protection afforded by the silicone case. All things considered the fact that it drags a little against cloth is really a minimal if not a silly and inconsequential complaint. If it were a real issue I'd just leave it off. That said I am very happy with both players. Are the clear cases going to be available for sale at some point?
Thanks

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #6,611 of 7,793
  I had heard that. I don't have any issues with on ill odor and do like the protection afforded by the silicone case. All things considered the fact that it drags a little against cloth is really a minimal if not a silly and inconsequential complaint. If it were a real issue I'd just leave it off. That said I am very happy with both players. Are the clear cases going to be available for sale at some point?
Thanks

I think you can get the plastic cases on Aliexpress.

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #6,612 of 7,793

I understand why FiiO did it but I still prefer the silicone. I guess it's out of the question to include both cases and peoples could choose which they like better.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #6,614 of 7,793
I think you can get the plastic cases on Aliexpress.

Thanks Bruce, by and large I don't browse around Alliexpress. For a couple reasons, the shear volume of items and secondly the shear volume of items I add to my "I'd really like that" impulse list. Yep almost the same thing. I should probably just grab the Fiio leather like cases and be done. Thanks again Bruce

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #6,615 of 7,793
Thanks Bruce, by and large I don't browse around Alliexpress. For a couple reasons, the shear volume of items and secondly the shear volume of items I add to my "I'd really like that" impulse list. Yep almost the same thing. I should probably just grab the Fiio leather like cases and be done. Thanks again Bruce

You're welcome. I noticed the other day that they had the plastic cases at MP4 Nation too. Too bad Dignis doesn't make the leather cases for the X1 anymore..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back