The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #6,166 of 7,793
What is your problem ......?

Sell the player - buy an iPod.  I think we'd all be better off.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #6,167 of 7,793
From my screen it looks like Fungus is simply having a good old rant, possibly only hours or days into owning the player.

I suggest he just takes a few days to settle in and refrain from exposing himself.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #6,169 of 7,793
  sony nw-hd5. Awesome dap but limited file support and slow interface.
Don't get me wrong, the x1 for me is a great player however Fiio just needs to address and fix up the aforementioned issues. 

Just take a step back and a few deep breathes. X1 is $100 (roughly) and there will be limitations around this, it does offer a lot more than any other budget player on the market and trust me, from my expereince with Chinese players quite well adapted.

It will grow on you, just relax and enjoy the player, little things are to be compromised in the audiophile world.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #6,170 of 7,793
and it would nice for Fiio to offer black as a colour instead to skimping out and offering cheap stickers that don't even stick on. 

This might actually happen :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #6,171 of 7,793

Just take a step back and a few deep breathes. X1 is $100 (roughly) and there will be limitations around this, it does offer a lot more than any other budget player on the market and trust me, from my expereince with Chinese players quite well adapted.

It will grow on you, just relax and enjoy the player, little things are to be compromised in the audiophile world.

The only real limitation is not being able to use it as usb dac not that I care. 

Honestly I think all the audiophile daps perform identical if not for the internal amp hence why I bought the x1.

1) it's cheap under $100 
2) fixed line out so bye bye crappy internal amp
3) supports all formats known to man
4) micro sd slot up to 128gb
5) small and compact 

Dual, quad dac daps meh  

Cha-ching money well spent 

P.S Can anybody confirm whether the 4800? file limit has been resolved yet with the release of the latest firmware?  

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #6,172 of 7,793
  The only real limitation is not being able to use it as usb dac not that I care. 

Honestly I think all the audiophile daps perform identical if not for the internal amp hence why I bought the x1.

1) it's cheap under $100 
2) fixed line out so bye bye crappy internal amp
3) supports all formats known to man
4) micro sd slot up to 128gb
5) small and compact 

Dual, quad dac daps meh  

Cha-ching money well spent 

P.S Can anybody confirm whether the 4800? file limit has been resolved yet with the release of the latest firmware?  

I know the file limit was lifted recently on one FiiO players firmware, though I cannot remember which FiiO unit got it first.

Hopefully @Joe Bloggs can confirm for us.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #6,173 of 7,793
I am really considering this DAP to replace my ailing Clip+. Maybe some more experienced users can tell me a few things.
I use the Clip+ mostly for physical activities outside - so it has had a pretty active life over the years,but the battery only now last a few hours.

Is there some kind of pouch or clip available for the X1 for active users?
How well does it stand up to outside usage?
Is there coming a X1 2nd generation any time soon?

Thanks

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #6,174 of 7,793
  I am really considering this DAP to replace my ailing Clip+. Maybe some more experienced users can tell me a few things.
I use the Clip+ mostly for physical activities outside - so it has had a pretty active life over the years,but the battery only now last a few hours.

Thanks

I've had mine for a few days and not one bar has dropped so that's saying something.  
Charging time is very slow thou.

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #6,175 of 7,793

Thanks

I love the X1 for what it is, but for physical activities, buy a clip+. I must have taken it to go for a run once, you don't need super transparent sound when doing a physical activity, you just need something small that can hold on and doesn't care if it falls. that's a clip+.

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #6,176 of 7,793
Ive heard from others that the x1 is generally more "heavy" and rich to deepen and add fullness to the sound. If it is true, does this affect clarity of the sound at all? If I were to match it with a bassier headphone/iem, will it be too overbearing?

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #6,177 of 7,793

Thanks

Check my post from a few pages earlier with pics of the belt clip I pulled together. Also search on Amazon for the armband if you prefer. Both cases are really secure and unobtrusive.

I come from a ClipZip and think that even though the X1 sounds noticeably better (to me) I still use the ClipZip while working out or running. You just won't hear the difference and the Sansa is just so much lighter and convenient. In every other case I'm rocking my X1.

I don't suspect a new X1 will be coming out any time soon and even if it did - I don't expect much improvement. True that there are things I dislike about it but for $100 it's very difficult to ask for much more (except for Rockbox! :) ).

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #6,178 of 7,793
  Ive heard from others that the x1 is generally more "heavy" and rich to deepen and add fullness to the sound. If it is true, does this affect clarity of the sound at all? If I were to match it with a bassier headphone/iem, will it be too overbearing?

X1's sound is on the thicker, warmer side, full bodied note weight. the tonality a little warm imo. The clarity doesn't suffer within limitations of your $100 products sound quality. X1 won't overemphasize a bassy headphone extremely though an impactful low end maybe noticeable. All you need to remember is 'generally' X1 will stay true to your headphones signature.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #6,179 of 7,793

X1's sound is on the thicker, warmer side, full bodied note weight. the tonality a little warm imo. The clarity doesn't suffer within limitations of your $100 products sound quality. X1 won't overemphasize a bassy headphone extremely though an impactful low end maybe noticeable. All you need to remember is 'generally' X1 will stay true to your headphones signature.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely try out my v3s with a friend's X1 before purchase, though I think I'm already set on buying it anyway.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #6,180 of 7,793
  Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely try out my v3s with a friend's X1 before purchase, though I think I'm already set on buying it anyway.

X1 is a good player, I happily kept it alongside other more expensive sources like iBasso DX50, Pono Player, FiiO X3II and still called X1 "one of the boys".

Don't feel like you're cheaping yourselves out, because reality is X1's a very well thought out performer.

I even have a personal bias towards X1 over X3II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back