The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2,626 of 7,793
Theo ~
Thank you for responding.
Drag and drop to the micro SD card?
Does the card need to be formatted in any specific way?
I'll check out mediamonkey 

Again, thanks
Ken

You should first format the card with the player itself. Always. Best way to avoid format issues down the road.

From iTunes you can literally highlight the songs you want and drag them to the mSD folder. Create a folder on the mSD card first then drag songs to it from the iTunes interface. Simple, and a great way to use iTunes to help organize your files.

After the card is loaded you need to update the library in the device menu to view by genre, artist, album categories. This is quick and easy to do, just don't forget to do it. If your tags are good this should also be a painless process. However, itunes may not be the best for tagging so your tolerance for the tags may vary. Every album I've ripped from CD has had adequate tags for me using the X3 and X5 so I've just used iTunes.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #2,627 of 7,793
The only hitch is that I want to use a higher resolution format than most my mp3s in iTunes (since the X1 is better than any apple product for this). Best would be the original AIFF files copied off my CDs. Does iTunes even manage and play AIFF without converting the file to a compressed "lossless" format? 

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,628 of 7,793
The only hitch is that I want to use a higher resolution format than most my mp3s in iTunes (since the X1 is better than any apple product for this). Best would be the original AIFF files copied off my CDs. Does iTunes even manage and play AIFF without converting the file to a compressed "lossless" format? 
yes, but I fail to see what's wrong with lossless.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #2,629 of 7,793
Foobar > mediamonkey. Especially if you have tons and tons of music. Once you find a setup you like it is flawless.
For now playlists can be made the old fashioned way in their own seperate folder then dragged in.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #2,630 of 7,793

Yes, iTunes manges and plays lossless formats AIFF, ALAC, and WAV. I realize there are better options for media management but for those that want to use iTunes with these formats it works fine.

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2,631 of 7,793
For the last 24 hours, this awesome little player has driven every IEM I own beautifully, without an external amp. It's also been paired with every portable amp I own to drive my full-size cans.

So far, my favorite combo is to pair it with my Mini^3 and HD-681 using LO. Clean, crisp, incredible soundstage... Yeah, my ie80s love it without amping and the EQ can remedy any perceived mid-bass bloat. Once again, what an incredible soundstage! No glitches. No freezes and I've loaded ~12 GB of MP3s on one of my microSD cards.

I guess it's time to start looking at FLAC...

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #2,632 of 7,793
  Huzzah! Just received my X1 in the post today fro EA Audio. So if you're in the UK, you should be getting your X1s soon.
biggrin.gif

Now just to wait for the uSD card to turn up (hopefully only a few days) and to find somewhere to trial some HP50s and Momentums....
rolleyes.gif

Couldn't resist it any more... Just fired off an Amazon order for some NAD HP50 headphones. So some point next week I'll be able to hear what the new X1 HP50 music combo sounds like.
beyersmile.png

EDIT: Unfortunately one miniscule critique of the X1 packaging, namely, the Number 2 tab, which is supposed to be peeled off once a screen protector is applied. Instead of coming off cleanly, it left paper behind. Did it again on the 2nd time. Not sure if the supplied screen protectors are made up of two or three layers of clear sheet or am I missing something?

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #2,633 of 7,793

Couldn't resist it any more... Just fired off an Amazon order for some NAD HP50 headphones. So some point next week I'll be able to hear what the new X1 HP50 music combo sounds like.
beyersmile.png

EDIT: Unfortunately one miniscule critique of the X1 packaging, namely, the Number 2 tab, which is supposed to be peeled off once a screen protector is applied. Instead of coming off cleanly, it left paper behind. Did it again on the 2nd time. Not sure if the supplied screen protectors are made up of two or three layers of clear sheet or am I missing something?

"Paper"? You mean torn leftovers paper from the Number 2 tab? I peeled mine of nicely.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,634 of 7,793

beyersmile.png

Mine did exactly the same. But don't worry about it, that #2 tab is only there to help you remove the protection film that is on the actual screen protector. So if you peeled off the very thing sheet that the tap was stuck to, its only the protective film and the actual screen protector is still on the screen :)

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2,635 of 7,793
Ah, thought as much. I did peel of a thin sheet second time round, so that explains it.
tongue.gif

Now to wait for the uSD and headphones!
cool.gif

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #2,639 of 7,793

beyersmile.png

I lost the first one to this myself. happened again on the new one I applied but I found a 'thin' layer beneath and that saved it for me:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back