The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #1,764 of 7,793
Grenadier,

As far as I know, about a year ago, DSD was a very high premium feature that you could only enjoy on desktop setups costing more than $1000 , today some generous manufacturers such as FiiO / Ifi are offering DSD as from $200. I still believe that bluetooth and nfc are gimmic features on a hi res dap, serious audiophiles always ask for better DACs , more powerful amps and great battery performances, I think that wifi is useful for OTA updates and MQS streaming but the 2 others are subjective

I agree that wifi is useful. With Hires files, even 64Gb isn't big enough. With DLNA support & wifi we can access our music stored in NAS or even portable wireless HDD
@JamesFiiO Is Fiio considering add DLNA/wifi support for next DAP release ?

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #1,766 of 7,793
Honestly, I really believe we'll reach the point where BT headphones will be serious contenders in two headphone community. Lossless codecs will improve, battery life will get better, manufacturers will become more serious about them and start to push into summit fi. Imagine an over ear BT headphone with quality on par with the LCD 2 and can be charged by both cable and solar.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #1,767 of 7,793
Dude, sorry but check his post history. He's been trolling or snarky all over.

Just ignore him. We all know how head-fi works, that sort of attitude will get him kicked sooner or later. Just sit back and watch the show. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back