The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
May 24, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #661 of 1,083
Did you try something like Onkyo HR Player on iOS?

I just charged it to 100% then tried again. The E10K with same hub as before now can't get it to work. I think it only works after it was plugged into another DAC first cause the first time I tried it I tried the other DAC first and E10K worked. I can't think of anytbing else.
I'll have to play with it little more tomorrow.

And yes I used Music app, Onkyo app, and VOX. They all worked before now they all don't work. Tried closing all app and rebooting phone but still doesn't now work now.

May 24, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #662 of 1,083
I just charged it to 100% then tried again. The E10K with same hub as before now can't get it to work. I think it only works after it was plugged into another DAC first cause the first time I tried it I tried the other DAC first and E10K worked. I can't think of anytbing else.
I'll have to play with it little more tomorrow.

And yes I used Music app, Onkyo app, and VOX. They all worked before now they all don't work. Tried closing all app and rebooting phone but still doesn't now work now.

Also, try different plug-in sequence.

May 24, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #663 of 1,083

Also, try different plug-in sequence.

I have to redo all the test at low battery.  Yesterday (after the first successful test the night before) I switched the Micro USB wire for the E10K for another cable that I had, (I think came with the E12) cause it was shorter.  
Just realized that was the issue the shorter cable I had was only meant for charging haha.  I would plug it in and the blue light would come on the E10K but would not play music.  I assumed it was just not detecting the DAC.  But it was just sending power and no data through the USB cable cause it was only meant to charge the E12.

So far seems to work most the time long as I plug the E10K in when the phone is locked.  Still have not tested lower than 70% battery because I have to redo the low battery test now.

Edit : listen to it for about a hour now.  Battery went from 80% to 40% in about a hour.  Currently down at 35% battery and it is still working.  Tried unplugging and replugging to see if it complained about low iPhone battery.  But it is still working fine.  Probably only get 2 hours of music play using the amp though.

May 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #664 of 1,083
  Edit : listen to it for about a hour now.  Battery went from 80% to 40% in about a hour.  Currently down at 35% battery and it is still working.  Tried unplugging and replugging to see if it complained about low iPhone battery.  But it is still working fine.  Probably only get 2 hours of music play using the amp though.

Sound about right.

May 31, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #666 of 1,083
Guys, 
I've noticed weird thing going on windows 7 64

Noticed that e10k wont output audio if I will boot system with headphones out and speakers out connected. The audio will only start playing after powering speakers on and off.

Installed asio driver from fiio site and all is fine now... !
But I need some help setting the driver. I've set it to 48 and 24bit in first tab and 24bit in second tab. And in windows checked boxes for other modes.

What is interesting that  - it says inactive in stream CPL tab and non-active stop in right tab. but as as soon as i start playing music in winamp, the left tab "inactive" changes to samplerate etc but right tab is still "non-active" stop

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #667 of 1,083
Can anyone give me a quick rating on how the SQ of the E10K compares to the original E17 or the 1st gen X3? Trying to get an idea of the sound quality. I already know it has the power I need for the headphones I plan to use with it.

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #668 of 1,083
I had to delete ASIO drivers. They were only causing problems. Sound was starting to crackle randomly or cause weird bad performance etc. When watching video or listening to music. 
Easy test. Click on the windows speaker in lower right and rapidly click the volume slider rectangle. The one YOu slide from 0 to 100 volume. set it at 100 and quickly click it.
If I did that, after multiple quick clicks, sound would like loudly freeze and disturblingly hiss for a second. Every time I did the test. Same happened at random during normal tasks.

Deleted drivers and problem is gone. Reinstalled and problem is back. Deleted - gone. So it's either something with windows 7 or drivers.

Anyway. There is no need for them anyway. There is no difference whatsoever in sq.

I've even did some testing with longer (2m) usb cable and again, no difference. I am now using a cheap long usb cable and e10k is nicely sitting on my desk now :)
Was using brainwavz hm5 to test all that

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #672 of 1,083
Go Fiio E10K IMO.  I haven't used the SMSL, but I am currently using the E10K at work and still love it.  Benefits over the SMSL include bass boost (if you like music that benefit from it, the switch helps quite a bit.  The other big one for me was a line out for speakers that lets you keep desktop speakers connected as well without the need for a splitter.

Jul 12, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #673 of 1,083
Just use WASAPI in exclusive mode.

I am a long time Head-Fi reader but just recently I started posting.

I have a Fiio E10K and I am using it with AIMP with WASAPI in exclusive mode (Event) with Windows 7 64-bit, but even so I am having some issues.

Very often the sound from the E10K comes distorted (it sounds like clipping). I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and the problem goes away for sometime.

Initially I though it was the USB cable, replaced the cabe but the problem remained. I updated all the Windows USB drivers in my PC, tried different USB ports and so far I was not able to solve the problem.

I am not using the Fiio ASIO driver. Any suggestion is welcome!
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I noticed that the E10K USB cable was passing close to a power cord. I am wondering if some sort of electric interference in the USB cable could be breaking the USB handshake protocol (does audio via USB have some sort of CRC error checking and/or recovery?). I just rerouted the USB cable far from the power cord and re-positioned the E10K, let's see if this solves the problem.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #674 of 1,083

I have a Fiio E10K and I am using it with AIMP with WASAPI in exclusive mode (Event) with Windows 7 64-bit, but even so I am having some issues.

Very often the sound from the E10K comes distorted (it sounds like clipping). I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and the problem goes away for sometime.

Initially I though it was the USB cable, replaced the cabe but the problem remained. I updated all the Windows USB drivers in my PC, tried different USB ports and so far I was not able to solve the problem.

I am not using the Fiio ASIO driver. Any suggestion is welcome! :)  

EDIT: I noticed that the E10K USB cable was passing close to a power cord. I am wondering if some sort of electric interference in the USB cable could be breaking the USB handshake protocol (does audio via USB have some sort of CRC error checking and/or recovery?). I just rerouted the USB cable far from the power cord and re-positioned the E10K, let's see if this solves the problem.

I've experienced pretty much the same. I was issued e10k on OSX. I suggest you to don't worry. It happens but stills working so...

Unless it's a really high voltage or an electrical engine, your cable should be interference free.

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #675 of 1,083

I am not using the Fiio ASIO driver. Any suggestion is welcome! :)  

I've had similar issues occasionally, but it sounds like you're having it a lot more often. I read that rev. B of the ODAC switched to a different USB receiver chip for stability reasons. If it's a problem with the TE7022L, I'm not really sure what to tell you... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back