The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW, 19Vp-p, 12 hours
Apr 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #541 of 1,039
Quick question, would using the bass boost while using headphones like the V-Moda M-100 cause hearing damage/hearing loss?

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #542 of 1,039
Quick question, would using the bass boost while using headphones like the V-Moda M-100 cause hearing damage/hearing loss?

No, the bass boost is subtle.

You could.... listen to a bass note, 55Hz for example for 2 minutes non stop at a pretty high volume. Might be uncomfortable? Might cause a ringing in your ear. You might like it?

You listen to 5Khz at the same volume for 2 minutes and you can permanently damage your hearing and/or rip your face off in chaotic misery before the 1st minute finished. nobody I have ever met would enjoy that.

Any sound at an excessive volume is unsafe.

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #543 of 1,039
 No, the bass boost is subtle.

You could.... listen to a bass note, 55Hz for example for 2 minutes non stop at a pretty high volume. Might be uncomfortable? Might cause a ringing in your ear. You might like it?

You listen to 5Khz at the same volume for 2 minutes and you can permanently damage your hearing and/or rip your face off in chaotic misery before the 1st minute finished. nobody I have ever met would enjoy that.

Any sound at an excessive volume is unsafe.

So, even with bass heavy cans like the m-100s, the Bass boost won't damage my hearing?

May 24, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #546 of 1,039
Anyone used the A5 with LZ-a4 ? Good synergy ?
Am looking at Dragonfly/A5 and the mint tin amps to pair it with....I understand i'll need a DAC with 2 of them.

Not sure maybe someone chimes in so i bump this. The A5 is black in the back so no real sound. Pretty clean and not compact sounding like the original e12

May 31, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #547 of 1,039
Just wondering. Did anyone else run into problems with the jacks on the A5?
I went through two of them.
The first one I figured was a dud after using multiple line cables and headphones.
Any touching of the cables caused me to spend minutes attempting get the cables to a position that wasn't cutting out audio in one headphone or the other or dropping sound quality, with either the headphone connector or the line connector.
RMA'd, figured fluke.
Second one wound up having the same issue.

I have given up for now on the A5 and have since ordered an xDuoo XD-05 which I like so far.

-Poto

May 31, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #548 of 1,039
I have never had this problem. I mean the second one also coming with the same defect is a little too coincidental.

May 31, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #549 of 1,039
The first one I figured was a dud after using multiple line cables and headphones.
Any touching of the cables caused me to spend minutes attempting get the cables to a position that wasn't cutting out audio in one headphone or the other or dropping sound quality, with either the headphone connector or the line connector.
RMA'd, figured fluke.

I have given up for now on the A5 and have since ordered an xDuoo XD-05 which I like so far.

-Poto

I have never had this problem. I mean the second one also coming with the same defect is a little too coincidental.

I had no problems with an A5 when I briefly heard one at AVstore. Maybe there is a bad batch out there that had those problems and you just happened to have two pieces from that same batch, or maybe the store sent the one you sent back...

May 31, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #550 of 1,039
Love my Fiio x5 3rd gen, all of the jacks seem very stable and I have had zero issues.
On the two A5s the jacks had quite a bit of play. It was in both the line in jack as well as the 3.5mm headphone out jack.
Had high hopes with the low price and all of the hype but it just wasn't my experience.
Purchased both through Amazon prime. Not sure if they were from the same batches.
They were ordered almost two months apart.
Tried the supprot route on the first one until they said contact retailer for replacement
When the second one came and exhibitted the same problems I shipped it right back

-poto

May 31, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #551 of 1,039
Love my Fiio x5 3rd gen, all of the jacks seem very stable and I have had zero issues.
On the two A5s the jacks had quite a bit of play. It was in both the line in jack as well as the 3.5mm headphone out jack.
Had high hopes with the low price and all of the hype but it just wasn't my experience.
Purchased both through Amazon prime. Not sure if they were from the same batches.
They were ordered almost two months apart.
Tried the supprot route on the first one until they said contact retailer for replacement
When the second one came and exhibitted the same problems I shipped it right back

-poto

Thanks for sharing that. I have no issues but it's good for the public who views this thread to consider.

May 31, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #552 of 1,039
Yes i agree, even though i have been using it everyday for the past 3 months i have not faced any wobbly jacks. It would be good for anyone looking at the A5 to have the insight to check the jacks while purchasing it. I really do love the SQ or lack of SQ on the A5 and it pairs beautifully with the X5 III.

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #553 of 1,039
RMA'd, figured fluke.

-Poto

Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience to you. We will report to our engineers and have a look about this. Would you mind informing us your seller's name? Thank you in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 1, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #554 of 1,039
RMA'd, figured fluke.

-Poto
I had similar problem with E12 (had to keep fiddling with the cable between X3 line out and E12 to maintain connectivity). It turned out to be the cable. It was difficult to diagnose the problem with continuity testing on the cable since the break was very position- and strain-dependent.

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #555 of 1,039
First one was purchased on Amazon from All About Office.
Second one was also purchased on Amazon and it was from Electronics Expo
Both were purchased under prime for quick delivery.

-poto

Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience to you. We will report to our engineers and have a look about this. Would you mind informing us your seller's name? Thank you in advanced!

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back