1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW, 19Vp-p, 12 hours

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by holypal, Sep 10, 2016.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. superuser1

I m currently playing SoundCloud on my OnePlus 3t stacked on the A5. Has been about 20 mins of listening and i don't hear any interference at all. The phone is stacked on top of the A5 to maximise interference if any. I am happy to report back there has been none so far.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  2. Dobrescu George

Super cool! 

FiiO does a good job with their AMPs in general! 

I haven't seen any EMI from the original X5 to this day. I'm glad yo know you haven't found any either! [​IMG]

3. superuser1

I agree and their E17k also has good insulation from interference.

4. Frase32
    Good to hear that A5 seems to be free of EMI interference when stacked with a phone.  I wonder if steaming Tidal would make a difference since the phone would be constantly pulling signal.  I wonder why my E18 gets so much EMI.  It doesn't matter if I use it as a dac/amp or a standalone amp.  It gets noticeable EMI.  Scouring through the Amazon reviews I saw other people were having the same problems.  Fiio's response to them was to put the phone in airplane mode........which.........sucks..........

5. superuser1

I think i said i was using SoundCloud, which also constantly pulls signal.

6. Dobrescu George

Even though I didn't own or really hear E18, I'm sorry to hear that you had such problems with it... Let's hope that your next soluton satisfies you completely! 

7. PsiCore
    How does the A5 affect bass?

I'm using X5iii with CIEMs Merlins and tried this combination with Cayin C5, but this amp smooths the sound too much. What I like though is the effect of more bass power.
    A5 is said to be a pretty neutral amp, but does its high power affect also bass power? Or will I hear/feel no change in bass at all?

8. Dobrescu George

With CIEMs, probably not. 

With big headphones, it would improve bass quite a bit. 

But, A5 has a bass slider, which should help you enhance the bass [​IMG]

9. Voxata
    I'm using DT770&K702 on my X5/A5. Lots of bass improvement with A5. On a tidbit side note, my HE560 does not sound great on it lol.

10. modelcitizen89
    I am having my E12A right now. Not really satisfied with its outcome. Looking forward to this A5, also seems to be a more trendy look.

11. milodinosaur
    Mainly using the A5 with my HD25-1. I find that the bass boost increases more sub-bass presence but it's actually quite subtle, unlike my JDS labs C5, which literally causes my cans to vibrate.

Been pretty impressed with this little thing, I like the sound on my HD25-1 with the gain on high but it'll go crazy loud even at low gain and with the volume at 1/2.

12. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

It has no sound. It just amps the signal. Some amps add a tint of color but the A5 does not. It keeps my X5iii sounding like a more powerful....X5iii. It's a nice piece of kit.
    It replaced my Cayin C5 completely.

13. modelcitizen89

I am using X3ii now. Would you say the new X5iii is a worthy upgrade? Would it support usb output ?

14. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Oh hell yeah.

The USB function is being implimented by FiiO via FW updates right now. I would check that thread and ask specifically about that function as I do not use it myself

15. modelcitizen89
    thanks a lot! I'll check it out

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last