The Fifth Head-Fi Sydney Meet - Saturday 21st June
Jun 21, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #316 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewart572 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Covenant
What time do we meet at Stmartin's tower
Thanks
Stewart

Kicks off at 2pm, so I guess a bit before that...

Jun 21, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #317 of 338
well I might be a few minutes late since I'm just about to leave now
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #319 of 338
Great meet folks, it was a great opportunity to listen to some gear at the higher end of the hi-fi scale.

very impressed by the rs-1's and it's amp (not sure what it was but it was very very good), the boa amp surprised me- very nice, a lot of nice sennheisers and i did also like the denon ah-d2000's.

Thank you all for the opportunity to listen to equipment i haven't had the chance or the time to listen to before- take it easy sydney can jammers
wink.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #320 of 338
Hey Ivan I was wondering if your super fis were the EB version

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #321 of 338
Yeah great meet, I found the allesandro ms-1s impressive with rock!

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #322 of 338
Nice meet guys
smily_headphones1.gif
didn't get a chance to talk to all of you though. Out of all the headphones at the meet I'd say the HD600's and K701's were my favorites. the RS-1's were way more comfy than my previous MS-2's as well. And the size of the tomahwaks and picos smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, nismo should be uploading pics soon >:]

afaik ivan's are normal SF5's

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #323 of 338
Just like to thank everyone, jason (especially) for a great meet. Although I wasn't there the entire time, I'm glad to have seen a group of people sharing in their common interest.

Just like to know if someone had picked up a power cable for an ASUS laptop that I left behind. It has an international adapter, converting the plug to an Australian plug. If anyone has it, please let me know ASAP because I need it urgently (before Monday). Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #324 of 338
Great meet guys...Damn I forgot to listen to the 600s...Glad I finally got to hear the electro setup! Really nice bunch of people, UNSW Audiophile Club here we come!

Jun 21, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #325 of 338
there may have been one in the left room, as we only breifly checked the right side of the room. I think jason might have gone back to double check.

Might liek to note that someone left a 1/4 to 1/8 all gold convertor, which looks like it belongs to the K701's and another 1/4 to 1/8 convertor which has a black casing, the 1/4 input appears to be gold and the 1/8 bit is silver.

Jun 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #326 of 338
excellent meet!!!

was really worthwhile and sorry i wasnt able to talk to you all
tongue.gif

we really have an excellent headfi community in sydney
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #327 of 338
yea it was awesome!
biggrin.gif
thanks everyone for makin it possible and especially to covenant (jason) for organisin it wudnt have happened if it wasnt for u cheers mate!
smily_headphones1.gif
sadly had to leave early really wanted to listen to the Rs-1z which i didnt see:S..maybe they came after i left lol everything good happens 10 mins after u leave, ah wellz the stax were awesome thank you so much to the guy who brought the huge setup.

this is for the <insertusernamehere> i forget who wanted to know how ultimate ears were made, good vid here.

YouTube - Ultimate Ears Customize Part2

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #328 of 338
Oh btw, if someone does have my power cable, please call me on 0405910758. I wouldn't put my number out there but I have no way of accessing the internet now since I don't have my power cord. Using a friend's computer atm. Would really appreciate if someone could get back to me ASAP about this cause I won't be able to go to work without it
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #329 of 338
Quote:

note that someone left a 1/4 to 1/8 all gold convertor

the gold one is mine, it was on my hornet. would be good if you can hold it for the moment, we have heapz of chance to meet each other
biggrin.gif
I guess I will see you next semester?

BTW, today's meet is really really kool, the STAX impressed me a LOT! dun know when I could own one, god damn that was awesome!

need to see the PICS PICS PICS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back