The Fifth Head-Fi Sydney Meet - Saturday 21st June
Jun 20, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #302 of 338
guys what should i load up on my mp3?, any tips? never been to a head-fi meet so happy to take suggestions. I listen to almost every kind of music that exists...alternative..trance..hiphop/rnb...dance..house..electronic..classical..jazz.. listen to everything from frank sinatra...to 50c to Alanis morisette to Linkin park. Whats a good way to try and absorb/hear the difference between the ****ty TDK i listen to and the expert audiophile quality ones today?

oh and what time is everyone meeting 2morow?

Jun 20, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #303 of 338
whats TDK O_o

Jun 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #304 of 338
bring high quality stuff. anything less than ~200 VBR dont bring :p

256VBR, 320CBR, flac or anything lossless only :p

taht should cut a bit of the music :p

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #305 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bring high quality stuff. anything less than ~200 VBR dont bring :p

256VBR, 320CBR, flac or anything lossless only :p

taht should cut a bit of the music :p

:s..i dont think my player can handle flac...i havent tried putting flac on a Zen nano plus lmao hahaz..btw congrats nismohks! for graduating today lol u must be heaps relieved...feeling on top of the world yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats TDK O_o

lmao TDK....the company that makes dvds...i think they shud stick to makin dvds..

Ghr! i just realised i have no batteries!! arghh...nooooo....hey are there guna be batteries there?:S..or shud i pick up a few along the way?..

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #306 of 338
Darn, I'm missing a soldering tute as well?? Grrr... UNSW student here too, for another 3 more years at least

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #307 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by tz3ling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn, I'm missing a soldering tute as well?? Grrr... UNSW student here too, for another 3 more years at least

hahahz join the club mate, my next semester timetable says i have a wednesdays "8am-6pm" no break....man is dis legal?..i cant change it either..

Jun 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #308 of 338
Hey guys, I'm getting the train in and don't think I can fit the Lavry, the senns, the grados, the external hd and my laptop into my backpack! I'm going to have to limit the amount that i can bring, I think the Grados are the most anticipated item as with the Lavry. I could bring those?

Jun 20, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #310 of 338
Lavry for sure man! Or I will hunt you down like a...

Please bring it pleeeeease...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #311 of 338
Hey, Covenant. I'll be leaving to the city in about an hour's time for a meeting which will end at around 12.30pm so yeah. Mind texting the meetup time to me? Cheers. I'll pm you my contact number.

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #314 of 338
im afraid ill have to cancel guys
frown.gif

i feel really bad having to do this now, but something personal has come up and i need to cater to that today. I was going to arrive a little later but its best i dont rush off from my priorities and risk personal drama. hope you all have a good time and ill make sure to make it to the next one.

cheers and kind regards,

renugaid

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #315 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I'm getting the train in and don't think I can fit the Lavry, the senns, the grados, the external hd and my laptop into my backpack! I'm going to have to limit the amount that i can bring, I think the Grados are the most anticipated item as with the Lavry. I could bring those?

I think we're also source light so the laptop would come in handy ;o!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back