The Fifth Head-Fi Sydney Meet - Saturday 21st June
Jun 17, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #196 of 338
ahh ok

yer i know where that is, but had never been inside.

any flexibility in pricing though?

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #197 of 338
I wish I could drive in there...My vinyl is sounding great after I put together one of those DIY Vacuum cleaners and picked up a cheap steam cleaner...It's godly haha

Jun 17, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #198 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh ok

yer i know where that is, but had never been inside.

any flexibility in pricing though?

The HD 25-SP II I bought was marked at like $279 on the shelf, but because of a minor scuff on the headband I got it for $215 - still ridiculous by US standards, I could probably have imported one for $80 or so, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for impulse buys
smily_headphones1.gif

They look like they'd be a good source for E-MU/M-Audio/ESI stuff though, if anyone's after professional sound cards from local retail.

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #200 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am cursed, just come back from the docs with a scrip for antibiotics and industrial strength decongestant. Sinus infection= blocked ears= not good for listening to folks audio goodies
mad.gif

No worries though, i'll still be turning up with my selection.

No worries for you... but it would seem the rest of us have reason enough to be... not sure I need a dose of your symptoms
eek.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #201 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No worries for you... but it would seem the rest of us have reason enough to be... not sure I need a dose of your symptoms
eek.gif

Yeh, I agree...not sure I want someone on Anti's and strong decongestants around in a small board room?

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #203 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not like a sinus infection is going to spread unless you decide to share handkerchiefs. Leave nickyboyo alone
frown.gif

or will it? -.^ I don't care, I got no more uni after so gear is more important than personal health :p

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #204 of 338
also:

[size=large]EVERYONE CLEAN YOUR EARS BEFORE THE MEET.

BRING QTIPS.[/size]

im sure no one would want anyone else to cirty their iems :p

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #205 of 338
Don't worry folks, it's not contagious, i just can't hear very well due to blocked tubes. Believe me, if i was/will be feeling crook the last thing i would want to do is spend an hour and half on a train or an hour in the car to attempt to listen to audio gear.

Plus i'm very lucky to be living a stones throw away from a member of this forum with the finest array of audio goodies i have ever come across, and is also very helpful and insightful to the world of audio reproduction
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #206 of 338
Qtips are evil

must get back to studying

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #207 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus i'm very lucky to be living a stones throw away from a member of this forum with the finest array of audio goodies i have ever come across, and is also very helpful and insightful to the world of audio reproduction
wink.gif

Bring them along!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #208 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a UNSW first year computer science student
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey pkjames I'd appreciate it if you could help me mod my ipod video
smily_headphones1.gif
I have all the parts needed, (Bg's and a lineout dock that's already opened, 28 or 30 gauge wire I can't remmeber, and the opening tool + some cardas solder and a crappy soldering iron)

You don't happen to hang around on overclockers dyu? I think I bought a headsix off you before...

Well, you are always welcome to my office in EE building, I can show you how to do it step by step, and you are welcome to use my gear if you prefer
smily_headphones1.gif
I did mine with some really crappy wire purely I just can't find any suitable ones around. We can talk about this when we meet.

BTW, I don't hang around @ overlockers, I sometimes pop up in whirlpool.

CHeers,

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #209 of 338
ok looks like It was a different guy, your name seems familiar though...

You have your own office at uni o_O?

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #210 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkjames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you are always welcome to my office in EE building, I can show you how to do it step by step, and you are welcome to use my gear if you prefer
smily_headphones1.gif
I did mine with some really crappy wire purely I just can't find any suitable ones around. We can talk about this when we meet.

BTW, I don't hang around @ headsix, I sometimes pop up in whirlpool.

CHeers,

are u a post grad student or something? or masters or phD?

also what Eng degree are you in?

im just about finished my comp eng degree at usyd :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back