The Fifth Head-Fi Sydney Meet - Saturday 21st June
Jun 12, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #166 of 338
well I'm sure everyone would like to do that, but that may cause more harm than good ):

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #167 of 338
woahhh wouldnt have found out about this if it wasn't for Caution. Thanks for that.

In any case, I used to frequent the city but have recently stopped going as much. But you can count me and my SR80s in. Didn't see them or any higher grados in the list other than the MS-1s. Would love to compare them since that seems to be one of the bigger comparisons for entry level audiophiles.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #168 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by renugaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you can count me and my SR80s in. Didn't see them or any higher grados in the list other than the MS-1s.

Welcome renugaid
smily_headphones1.gif
On the subject of Grados, the RS-1 will be there, courtesy of juzmister, as well as possibly a GS-1000 (not confirmed yet).

Jun 14, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #170 of 338
woo one more week
smily_headphones1.gif

btw juzmister do you still need that voltmeter?

Jun 14, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #171 of 338
Nope, it's working
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks though! I'm going to get the train in I think so I won't be bringing my turntable.

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #172 of 338
Can I sign up?
id: pkjames

source: zhaolu 2.5a or dac1 no usb, diyMod.
amp: MAD Ear+ HD150. DIY Lehman Black Cube replica, Hornet M, Corda Move

Can: 701, 990

I may not bring everything, so please let me know if you want to hear specific junks that I have. I recently made a diyMod and a BG LOD, so I could possibly run a little demo on how to mod the ipod if you are interested. However, I need to bring tools, so plz do let me know in advanced.

PS, I am also from UNSW.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #173 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkjames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I sign up?

I may not bring everything, so please let me know if you want to hear specific junks that I have. I recently made a diyMod and a BG LOD, so I could possibly run a little demo on how to mod the ipod if you are interested. However, I need to bring tools, so plz do let me know in advanced.

PS, I am also from UNSW.
biggrin.gif

Nice gear. Hopefully you could show me the zhaolu + hornet + dt 990 btw do u have the 2003 or 2005

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #174 of 338
Hey,
how does the diyMod sound? I'd be keep on hearing the MAD with the RS-1's
smily_headphones1.gif
I hear they make a good combo

Quote:

Can I sign up?

PS, I am also from UNSW.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #175 of 338
Welcome pkjames. Of the gear you listed, the zhaolu, diyMod, MAD Ear+, Lehman Black Cube replica and Hornet M are not currently on the gear list, so we would appreciate you bringing those
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course an extra K701/DT990 wouldnt hurt either, entirely up to how much you want to carry
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Can I sign up?

PS, I am also from UNSW.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #176 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,
how does the diyMod sound? I'd be keep on hearing the MAD with the RS-1's
smily_headphones1.gif
I hear they make a good combo

I heard the same, so yeah, I will try to bring along the MAD. Only problem is, I just got it recently and still don't have time to re-wire the transformer to take 240v therefore it is running off a 240-110 step down transformer. Hopefully I can spare some time before the weekend to rewire it so that I don't have to bring the chunky transformer. Argh! EXAMS!

I would definitely like to try your RS-1, coz I am currently thinking to get either RS1 or W5K soon.

the diyMod was definitely a step fowrad than the stock, but since I hardly use it (the MOD was purely a little trial when I was bored), howeverI mostly stick with the desktop setups, they don't impress me much
biggrin.gif
. Besides, the caps in the dock so still not burnt in yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice gear. Hopefully you could show me the zhaolu + hornet + dt 990 btw do u have the 2003 or 2005

It was the older 03 version, not everyone's favourite
tongue.gif

I will bring along the Zhaolu, it was originally bought to be "zapfiltered" but never motivated enough to source the parts and do it. Probably ZERO DAC is more popular these days?

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #177 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome pkjames. Of the gear you listed, the zhaolu, diyMod, MAD Ear+, Lehman Black Cube replica and Hornet M are not currently on the gear list, so we would appreciate you bringing those
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course an extra K701/DT990 wouldnt hurt either, entirely up to how much you want to carry
biggrin.gif

WOW, that is pretty much everything
biggrin.gif

I will probably try to bring along one of my friend to help out for the carry. Of course, I will make sure he register @ here first, is that alright?

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #178 of 338
Quote:

WOW, that is pretty much everything
biggrin.gif

I will probably try to bring along one of my friend to help out for the carry. Of course, I will make sure he register @ here first, is that alright?

No need for him/her to register if they dont want to, we're still 4 people short of the attendance cap anyway.

If you want to cut down on the items to bring, i'd suggest eliminating the zhaolu and Black Cube replica. There is alot more interest in the diyMod, MAD Ear+ and Hornet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #180 of 338
just want to say that i am trying to sell a brand new pair of beyerdynamic MMX1 and was wondering if anybody would be interested in buying them?

They are brand new in box etc. i bought 2 of them but i dont need one of them. would rather use money towards a MS2 or something... anyway i was hoping to get 100ish if i could.

Anyone potentially interested?

Anyway, i will bring try to bring it to the meet otherwise i will just leave it at home because it is a bit bulky etc...

cheers!

less than one week left~!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back