The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Oct 8, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #917 of 2,214
Oct 8, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #918 of 2,214
@OCC7N very interested to hear how those FMCs work out for you
I am very confused about fiber because of the single/multi mode. I still dont know if single mode is the right one to choose. But I did it anyway.

Oct 9, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #919 of 2,214
@OCC7N very interested to hear how those FMCs work out for you
Feels very cheap, not surprised for 35euro😂

Will test it in the weekend after I receive my DDC/Matrix spdif2 and Wireworld Supernova 7 for Cjord TT2

Attachments

• B4947B29-51C9-417C-BEE1-4A8ABEF88547.jpeg
    B4947B29-51C9-417C-BEE1-4A8ABEF88547.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Oct 9, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #920 of 2,214
Feels very cheap, not surprised for 35euro😂

Will test it in the weekend after I receive my DDC/Matrix spdif2 and Wireworld Supernova 7 for Cjord TT2
Matrix was hit or miss for me. Was good with Hugo 1. Wasn’t good with Hugo 2 from laptop. Also tried with zen stream to matrix to Hugo 2. Good luck

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #921 of 2,214
Matrix was hit or miss for me. Was good with Hugo 1. Wasn’t good with Hugo 2 from laptop. Also tried with zen stream to matrix to Hugo 2. Good luck
I have never tried it I think I will have good power source for the matrix, for the bus power(jcat + elite) from mains its connected to ifi powerstation. What toslink cable did you use?

These FMCs hav 2.5mm and I only have 2.1😂

The included adapters can not use😅

Oct 9, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #922 of 2,214
I have never tried it I think I will have good power source for the matrix, for the bus power(jcat + elite) from mains its connected to ifi powerstation. What toslink cable did you use?

These FMCs hav 2.5mm and I only have 2.1😂

The included adapters can not use😅
i had AQ diamond for toslink
i used a battery power source for the matrix

Oct 9, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #923 of 2,214
Oct 10, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #924 of 2,214
Oct 10, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #925 of 2,214
Placement of network isolater.

close to the streamer of closest to modem/router?

I have decided to put it after the FMC:

Router -> Switch -> FMC/Ethernet/Fiber -> FMC/Fiber/Ethernet -> BaaskeMI1005 -> Streamer

I think the closest the network isolator is to the streamer the better. Hmm

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #926 of 2,214
Placement of network isolater.

close to the streamer of closest to modem/router?

I have decided to put it after the FMC:

Router -> Switch -> FMC/Ethernet/Fiber -> FMC/Fiber/Ethernet -> BaaskeMI1005 -> Streamer

I think the closest the network isolator is to the streamer the better. Hmm
My experience was that there’s more of an effect closer to the streamer, but sometimes the effect can be too much. But just my experience.

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #927 of 2,214
My baaske is closest to the PC--minimizes the chance of the remaining Ethernet functioning as an antenna for noise. Fwiw I don't stream, but still heard an improvement on local files just from the overall noise reduction.

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #928 of 2,214
My experience was that there’s more of an effect closer to the streamer, but sometimes the effect can be too much. But just my experience.
My baaske is closest to the PC--minimizes the chance of the remaining Ethernet functioning as an antenna for noise. Fwiw I don't stream, but still heard an improvement on local files just from the overall noise reduction.
It makes sense. Also this will protect the streamer from spikes in voltage etc.

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #929 of 2,214
I dont want pour cold water on anyone heres experimentation, because the idea of running a passive ethernet filter last in line connected to your streaming device is 100% sound, but unfortunately ethernet isolators like the Baaske, emo-safe, which are designed for medical use, essentially to stop DC currents flowing from one device to another, for safety reasons have no components inside to filter out RFI or other high frequency electrical noise. They consist of an input RJ45 socket with transformer coupling (the same device as in an Ethernet switch) which is then directly wired to an output RJ45 socket.

This is the same with the DXE device. There are no components in any of these devices that will remove electrical noise.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #930 of 2,214
I dont want pour cold water on anyone heres experimentation, because the idea of running a passive ethernet filter last in line connected to your streaming device is 100% sound, but unfortunately ethernet isolators like the Baaske, emo-safe, which are designed for medical use, essentially to stop DC currents flowing from one device to another, for safety reasons have no components inside to filter out RFI or other high frequency electrical noise. They consist of an input RJ45 socket with transformer coupling (the same device as in an Ethernet switch) which is then directly wired to an output RJ45 socket.

This is the same with the DXE device. There are no components in any of these devices that will remove electrical noise.
Audio applications: The MI 1005 reduce the transmission of low frequency alternating currents (AC hum) over the network connection. I have noticed noise without the Baaske. Just saying :)

It all want away putting it front of the switch. But this time I have fiber cables so I will put it last because I want to keep the signal clean after transmission ether to fiber, just before the streamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back