The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Feb 3, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #61 of 2,130
Still waiting for someone to post a single measurement showing an audible difference between two non-broken Ethernet cables.

its amazing how efficient the marketing is. You would think that digital communications was a crapshoot. How does the internet work reliably, let alone digital banking and other areas where errors are actually critical?

Feb 4, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #63 of 2,130
How about a measurement from a boutique Ethernet cable vendor showing an audible difference? That would certainly help sales - I’d be first in line.

why would I measure anything? I’m not making claims that run counter to the large knowledge base which exists regarding Ethernet cables.

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #65 of 2,130
Wifi can be all that is needed also if your happy with the sound of it. Compare and listen what sounds best for your device imo. I tried wifi with my streamer but i dident like the sound to soft sounding with to little energy and extension and dull. So i prefered even cat5e utp there. On my LG oled tv with optical out to my hugo2 dac/amp im very happy with the performence with wifi on the tv, it sounds very clean clear sounding so i have never bottered comparing wired ethernet there becuase im happy with wifi there.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #67 of 2,130
I think i was a bit inspired what he says near the end of this video

Also more details according from atlas
https://www.atlascables.com/featured-streaming.html

I don't think you actually read what the site says or given it some thought.

Tough pitch copper, copper-clad aluminium, and OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) can all be used to produce data equivalent Cat-x cables.

Typically Ethernet data cables use solid conductors for ‘in-wall’ applications and where data needs to be transmitted over long distances, whilst data ‘patch chords’ typically use stranded conductors for optimum flexibility.

Atlas choose solid core OFC for audio applications for optimum performance, as they suffer less from inter-strand distortion and capacitive variation.

Sure - means that you can use it for 200m rather than 100m. Solid core copper also means that bending it is a dance with the devil.

The more efficient the dielectric the more bandwidth potential the cable will have, of course this is balanced out in the ‘real’ world by cost factors, which leads producers to use inferior less-compliant materials that don’t crush’ as they are being twisted and wound.

Atlas use Polyethylene and foamed Polyethylene to produce our streaming Ethernet cables, experience gained developing our USB and HD video products showing these are stable wide-band materials that guarantee great audio results. The key is precise control in manufacturing so that the balance between tight twist ratios and symmetrical twist patterns are maintained.

LOL it's PE. That's about as cheap as it gets.

Data cable manufacturers have focused on the humble twisted pair to drive data speed and bandwidth forward. With its inherent common mode rejection properties, it’s a cheap method of production, so a winner in the data field for years.

However as you push the bandwidth of the twisted pair you soon get to a point where further twisting offers no more benefit – at which point you need to add cable screening to enhance rejection performance.

As the bandwidth requirement of the cable increases so does the shielding required to deliver the specified performance, specified as:

• U/UTP - Unscreened / Universal Twisted Pair
  • U/FTP - Unscreened / Foiled Twisted Pair
  • S/FTP - Screened / Foiled Twisted Pair
Atlas has always paid particular attention to shielding and screening, our dd (dual drain) and Grun technologies are specifically intended to address the ways in which such issues impact on performance. The Mavros streaming cable features our Grun Coherent Earthing System as standard.

Bandwidth is not a problem. Hi-res audio is at 192kHz @ 24 bits: with 2 channels, that's 8.8 megabits per second. Cat5 easily hits 100 megabits per second. Double that if you want to for error correction and redundancy and headers (or whatever snakeoil you also want to throw in): it's never going to saturate Cat5, let alone Cat 6.

A plug is a plug is a plug? No. Again, what’s acceptable for a low-cost cable for data is quite different from the standards required for high-resolution audio.

We use very stable polycarbonate shielded plugs with robust gold plating up to 10 times the ‘Industry norm,’ even on our entry level products.

Our Mavros streaming cable utilise precision diecast Zinc connectors for the highest quality connection. These connectors also have precision pin alignment optimised for multiple secure insertions.

Sure, nothing to do with audio quality though unless you have repeated insertion/removal cycles. The weird thing is that the reason they give is a non-sequiter.

In the bulk data cabling world, a cable of ‘bandwidth X’ is typically mated with a mis-matched plug of ‘bandwidth Y,’ often using uncalibrated hand tools, which frequently over-crimp the plugs (applying uneven crimping pressure applied across all four pins), resulting in inconsistent product to product performance.

Again, sure, but that's QA to ensure that the cable is working to begin with.

Such cables typically fail ISO/TIA certification standards. Even a fully-tested and bandwidth-guaranteed Cat6 cable terminated with a Cat5 plug will only deliver Cat5 performance.

Is a Cat6 or 6A cable a better choice for audio than a Cat5e product?

All else being equal, the wider the bandwidth of the cable, the easier it should be to extract the data. However all the factors discussed above come into play, so a cable using high quality components and precision manufacturing to certified standards will typically outperform a less carefully manufactured item of nominally higher spec.

Sure, because of poor manufacturing, your Cat6 just turned into Cat5. Who cares? Your audio is not saturating Cat5 to begin with anyway.

Atlas cables are hand-assembled using our precision-calibrated ‘triple prong’ insulation displacement connection method – we made our own tool for the job – for consistent, effective piercing of the dielectric & conductor bonding, and to accurately control the plug contact height.

Sweet - nothing to do with audio quality.

The result is a high-quality cable which performs precisely as specified – we employ Fluke patch-cord certification tools to guarantee bandwidth performance. All our streaming Ethernet cables are individually certificated for guaranteed performance.

Sweet - nothing to do with absolute performance, but great for QA to ensure it's not broken and within the ethernet spec.

As stated above, the bandwidth requirement of the cable increases so does the shielding required to deliver the performance. However, when you plug the shielded cable into your system, the screens are typically connected at each end, and the ground current drain path is defined by the equipment. In the audio world we all know that this is an undefined path, if you can make this drain path more predictable across the system, you gain the potential for better sound quality.

The Grun connection allows any RFI/EMI conducted in the cable’s outer screen to be drained to earth in a defined and predictable way via a Grun ground cable and adapter (supplied(, generally attached to the equipment’s ground terminal or chassis.

Performance can typically be raised further using an optional Grun mains adapter which provides for connection of up to three Grun cables to an unused mains socket or via a distribution block.

Great, except that's only a problem if grounding is a problem for your devices. If it is, get a better device.

All in all, these cables solve one problem at best: $#itty engineering from DAC companies. If DAC manufacturers weren't so sloppy, these cables would do absolutely nothing more.

I have no idea why audiophiles think they're so special that they consider problems in things even industrial and laboratory settings do not consider a problem.

Reminds me of the Sony audiophile SD card: it actually does lower the EMI noise when it's in use. Thing is, if your device is affected by the EMI noise from the SD card, device is $#1t to begin with and doubly so for any audiophile.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #68 of 2,130
did you not read this thread? Plenty of claims right here and from every manufacturer of “audiophile” Ethernet cables.

Manufacturer/seller talk gets my default scepsis. Other than that I see people sharing their personal experience and the chosen few who have serious hobby in questioning that.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #69 of 2,130
[1] Trust your ear guys.
[1a] I would think the hearing is better then any messurment tools to spot differences in sound and the most sensetive.
[2] @gregorio seems to rely on old data facts when new things the last decades have been discovered in audio and hearing i think audio is more complex then it seems.
[2a] And everything in audio and hearing isent probebly understood fully yet either.
[2b] Power products making a diffrence wasent accepted until very late in my understanding and
[2c] ethernet cables,switches and related stuff making a difference is least accepted yet it seems.
[3] And @gregorio seem to have an black and white/zero or one view.

1. As music, music recordings and nearly all commercial audio in general actually relies on fooling your hearing, clearly your statement MUST be FALSE.
1a. What do you mean you "would think", don't you know? Don't you think you should find out for sure before arguing about it? Your statement defies even common sense! You think your eyes are a better measurement tool and more sensitive than a microscope or telescope? Of course not, that would be stupid! The actual truth is that measurement tools are not only more sensitive than hearing but MASSIVELY more sensitive, often more than a million times more sensitive!

2. Huh, of course I rely on "old data facts". If they're facts, then they're facts and being "old" makes no difference, except that they've had longer to be demonstrated and/or proven to be facts. For example: "1+1=2" is an ancient fact, in the thousands of years since it was stated as a fact mathematics/science/technology, etc., have developed beyond all recognition. Does being an old fact mean that "1+1=2" is false or have all our advances just FURTHER demonstrated and confirmed that it's true?
2a. And not everything is known about mathematics, does this mean that "1+1=2" is false?
2b. Depends on what you mean by "power products" and "very late". To my mind, a century ago is NOT "very late"!
2c. Nor will it be!

3. Of course I do, because it's not "a view", it's the fundamental basis upon which digital data and ALL digital devices exist, "bits" = BINARY digits (one or zero, on or off, "black or white"). This fact couldn't be more proven and demonstrated because if it were false digital devices and the digital age would not exist. Do you have a different "view"? Do you think that maybe the billions of smartphones, computers and all other digital devices are just optical illusions that don't really exist?
[4] ... you have to decide for yourself if you think a certain reviewer seem honest.
[4a] I think they would have zero credebility in the end if they lied to much and would been exposed as freuds.
[5] This is what atlas said when i emailed them why ethernet cables can make a difference. More details here: "The definition of an analogue signal is a signal that is time continuous The definition of a digital signal is a signal that is time discrete
[5a] Both signals have time as the common element, the formula for frequency = 1/time
[5b] therefore the fundamental design principles for analogue and digital cable design remain the same;
[6] Digital audio performance is directly related to the ease by which data recovery is achieved, the lower the “work done” by the receiver circuitry the greater the potential fidelity improvement .
4. And that sentence seems to be the root difference between us! You apparently judge assertions of fact by whether or not "a certain reviewer seems honest", while I judge assertions of fact by comparing them with the actual proven/demonstrated facts!! The video you've posted is a great example: He seems like a nice/honest guy but guess what, some of his assertions are true, some are nonsense! Maybe he's lying because he has a product to sell or maybe he's actually being honest but is just misguided and doesn't know/understand the actual facts. Either way, the actual facts are NOT defined by how honest someone seems. If you met a flat-earther who seemed completely honest, would you compare their assertions with the actual proven/demonstrated facts or would you therefore believe the earth is in fact flat?
4a. Again, what "you think" (or have just assumed) does NOT correspond to what has already actually occurred! In the early 1980's a famous amplifier challenge did EXACTLY THAT and exposed two of the most famous audiophile magazines effectively as frauds. So, what happened as a result? Pretty much nothing, the magazines and their reviewers just ignored they'd been proven frauds and carried on regardless. The only thing that happened is that they lost some of their more discerning readers (but eventually replaced them with new, un-knowing audiophiles) and the professionals who actually made the music content came to view the audiophile world as a bunch of nutters who'd believe almost any old nonsense, even from those who'd been proven a fraud!

5. Again, that definition is CLEARLY FALSE, even just a basic understanding of the facts and a modicum of common sense reveals it as false! All electrical currents/signals are "time continuous" but OBVIOUSLY, not all electrical signals are analogue signals. The definition of an analogue audio signal is that it is analogous to an acoustic audio signal, which is why it's called an analogue audio signal in the first place!
5a. No, they DO NOT! The data "bits" in a digital audio signal represent amplitude values, NOT frequency values. It makes no difference if you transmit those data bits at 10mbps, 100mbps or use a gigabit ethernet network. If you transmit the same digital music file on a 10mbps ethernet network and then on a gigabit ethernet network, you think the audio frequencies in your music file are going to sound 100 times higher over the gigabit ethernet network?
5b. If your answer to this question is "no, of course not, that's ridiculous", then you statement here is "therefore" just as ridiculous!

6. Of course it's not, that's just as ridiculous! The ethernet protocol requires that the transmitted data is recovered perfectly or it's resent until it is, so either you have perfect fidelity or none whatsoever (playback ceases).

All you've really done is proven my point: "Where's the critical thinking or even simple common sense here?"

G

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #70 of 2,130
Oh
My
''G''

Just pitiful.. False! Black! White! One! Zero! Absolutely ridiculous to use your preferred word. Once again proving others wrong as if life depended on it. Makes a man wonder if it was more widespread that you know best would at least the tone of your messages change. I honestly have not come across a person(?) with such an extreme attitude and extreme is a word I don't use every day. So much that I doubt if your intent is to really help people. In my eyes OP is after opinions and experiences from like-minded individuals. Clearly you and fam are NOT like-minded and yet keep barging into threads to preach, undermine and even belittle in rather arrogant ways on the border of trolling gregorio. I'm holding up a mirror cause you know.. maybe one day huh.

Curious though, and I may certainly have missed it: have you ever compared brands of any type of cable for the purpose of sound quality? Or did theory already win the race?

Feb 5, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #71 of 2,130
Manufacturer/seller talk gets my default scepsis. Other than that I see people sharing their personal experience and the chosen few who have serious hobby in questioning that.

This is what happens when manufacturers of boutique Ethernet cables are forced to support their marketing claims
https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/the-chord-company-ltd-a14-274211.html#.VN2WRPldV8H

tl:dr

the Chord cable company was forced to stop using claims of audible improvement that they could not prove, and desist from using those claims in advertising.

Feb 5, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #72 of 2,130
I don't think you actually read what the site says or given it some thought.

Tough pitch copper, copper-clad aluminium, and OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) can all be used to produce data equivalent Cat-x cables.

Typically Ethernet data cables use solid conductors for ‘in-wall’ applications and where data needs to be transmitted over long distances, whilst data ‘patch chords’ typically use stranded conductors for optimum flexibility.

Atlas choose solid core OFC for audio applications for optimum performance, as they suffer less from inter-strand distortion and capacitive variation.

Sure - means that you can use it for 200m rather than 100m. Solid core copper also means that bending it is a dance with the devil.

The more efficient the dielectric the more bandwidth potential the cable will have, of course this is balanced out in the ‘real’ world by cost factors, which leads producers to use inferior less-compliant materials that don’t crush’ as they are being twisted and wound.

Atlas use Polyethylene and foamed Polyethylene to produce our streaming Ethernet cables, experience gained developing our USB and HD video products showing these are stable wide-band materials that guarantee great audio results. The key is precise control in manufacturing so that the balance between tight twist ratios and symmetrical twist patterns are maintained.

LOL it's PE. That's about as cheap as it gets.

Sure you can question why they diden use

Data cable manufacturers have focused on the humble twisted pair to drive data speed and bandwidth forward. With its inherent common mode rejection properties, it’s a cheap method of production, so a winner in the data field for years.

However as you push the bandwidth of the twisted pair you soon get to a point where further twisting offers no more benefit – at which point you need to add cable screening to enhance rejection performance.

As the bandwidth requirement of the cable increases so does the shielding required to deliver the specified performance, specified as:

• U/UTP - Unscreened / Universal Twisted Pair
  • U/FTP - Unscreened / Foiled Twisted Pair
  • S/FTP - Screened / Foiled Twisted Pair
Atlas has always paid particular attention to shielding and screening, our dd (dual drain) and Grun technologies are specifically intended to address the ways in which such issues impact on performance. The Mavros streaming cable features our Grun Coherent Earthing System as standard.

Bandwidth is not a problem. Hi-res audio is at 192kHz @ 24 bits: with 2 channels, that's 8.8 megabits per second. Cat5 easily hits 100 megabits per second. Double that if you want to for error correction and redundancy and headers (or whatever snakeoil you also want to throw in): it's never going to saturate Cat5, let alone Cat 6.

A plug is a plug is a plug? No. Again, what’s acceptable for a low-cost cable for data is quite different from the standards required for high-resolution audio.

We use very stable polycarbonate shielded plugs with robust gold plating up to 10 times the ‘Industry norm,’ even on our entry level products.

Our Mavros streaming cable utilise precision diecast Zinc connectors for the highest quality connection. These connectors also have precision pin alignment optimised for multiple secure insertions.

Sure, nothing to do with audio quality though unless you have repeated insertion/removal cycles. The weird thing is that the reason they give is a non-sequiter.

In the bulk data cabling world, a cable of ‘bandwidth X’ is typically mated with a mis-matched plug of ‘bandwidth Y,’ often using uncalibrated hand tools, which frequently over-crimp the plugs (applying uneven crimping pressure applied across all four pins), resulting in inconsistent product to product performance.

Again, sure, but that's QA to ensure that the cable is working to begin with.

Such cables typically fail ISO/TIA certification standards. Even a fully-tested and bandwidth-guaranteed Cat6 cable terminated with a Cat5 plug will only deliver Cat5 performance.

Is a Cat6 or 6A cable a better choice for audio than a Cat5e product?

All else being equal, the wider the bandwidth of the cable, the easier it should be to extract the data. However all the factors discussed above come into play, so a cable using high quality components and precision manufacturing to certified standards will typically outperform a less carefully manufactured item of nominally higher spec.

Sure, because of poor manufacturing, your Cat6 just turned into Cat5. Who cares? Your audio is not saturating Cat5 to begin with anyway.

Atlas cables are hand-assembled using our precision-calibrated ‘triple prong’ insulation displacement connection method – we made our own tool for the job – for consistent, effective piercing of the dielectric & conductor bonding, and to accurately control the plug contact height.

Sweet - nothing to do with audio quality.

The result is a high-quality cable which performs precisely as specified – we employ Fluke patch-cord certification tools to guarantee bandwidth performance. All our streaming Ethernet cables are individually certificated for guaranteed performance.

Sweet - nothing to do with absolute performance, but great for QA to ensure it's not broken and within the ethernet spec.

As stated above, the bandwidth requirement of the cable increases so does the shielding required to deliver the performance. However, when you plug the shielded cable into your system, the screens are typically connected at each end, and the ground current drain path is defined by the equipment. In the audio world we all know that this is an undefined path, if you can make this drain path more predictable across the system, you gain the potential for better sound quality.

The Grun connection allows any RFI/EMI conducted in the cable’s outer screen to be drained to earth in a defined and predictable way via a Grun ground cable and adapter (supplied(, generally attached to the equipment’s ground terminal or chassis.

Performance can typically be raised further using an optional Grun mains adapter which provides for connection of up to three Grun cables to an unused mains socket or via a distribution block.

Great, except that's only a problem if grounding is a problem for your devices. If it is, get a better device.

All in all, these cables solve one problem at best: $#itty engineering from DAC companies. If DAC manufacturers weren't so sloppy, these cables would do absolutely nothing more.

I have no idea why audiophiles think they're so special that they consider problems in things even industrial and laboratory settings do not consider a problem.

Reminds me of the Sony audiophile SD card: it actually does lower the EMI noise when it's in use. Thing is, if your device is affected by the EMI noise from the SD card, device is $#1t to begin with and doubly so for any audiophile.
Sure you can question some things. Why dident they use
  • Silver Plated OFC
  • PTFE Dielectric
instead like they use with there mavros range spdif digital cables. Maybe its a cost/performence balancing. All we can do is to speculate as we are not the real experts. Maybe thats cheap material in your book too?

Otherwise The mavros ethernet grun cable could be the best option for me because i allready got the mains adapter with the grun draning away one of audios worst enemy RF/Emi. And the biggest reason why i would think ethernet cables can make a difference in how much they can filter/drain away RF/Emi that enter the electronic circuits from less designed cables. No audio equipment is immune to it at least according to Audioquest Garth Powell. Yes AQ sell things but that dont have to mean what he say is not true.

thttps://soundcloud.com/johnhdarko/what-is-electrical-noise-and-why-is-it-bad-for-audio-systems

If you have wifi at home for exempel your ethernet cables pick up RF or from mobile phones,transmission masts. Electrical noise to from generic powerstrips on routher/switch side with switch mode power suplys can be bettered also with better audiophile power suplys all in the chain matters. The only thing you can do is to lessen RF/Emi noise as much you can but you cant get rid of it all. Or be happy with what you got and dont worry about it.

Feb 5, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #73 of 2,130
1. As music, music recordings and nearly all commercial audio in general actually relies on fooling your hearing, clearly your statement MUST be FALSE.
1a. What do you mean you "would think", don't you know? Don't you think you should find out for sure before arguing about it? Your statement defies even common sense! You think your eyes are a better measurement tool and more sensitive than a microscope or telescope? Of course not, that would be stupid! The actual truth is that measurement tools are not only more sensitive than hearing but MASSIVELY more sensitive, often more than a million times more sensitive!

2. Huh, of course I rely on "old data facts". If they're facts, then they're facts and being "old" makes no difference, except that they've had longer to be demonstrated and/or proven to be facts. For example: "1+1=2" is an ancient fact, in the thousands of years since it was stated as a fact mathematics/science/technology, etc., have developed beyond all recognition. Does being an old fact mean that "1+1=2" is false or have all our advances just FURTHER demonstrated and confirmed that it's true?
2a. And not everything is known about mathematics, does this mean that "1+1=2" is false?
2b. Depends on what you mean by "power products" and "very late". To my mind, a century ago is NOT "very late"!
2c. Nor will it be!

3. Of course I do, because it's not "a view", it's the fundamental basis upon which digital data and ALL digital devices exist, "bits" = BINARY digits (one or zero, on or off, "black or white"). This fact couldn't be more proven and demonstrated because if it were false digital devices and the digital age would not exist. Do you have a different "view"? Do you think that maybe the billions of smartphones, computers and all other digital devices are just optical illusions that don't really exist?

4. And that sentence seems to be the root difference between us! You apparently judge assertions of fact by whether or not "a certain reviewer seems honest", while I judge assertions of fact by comparing them with the actual proven/demonstrated facts!! The video you've posted is a great example: He seems like a nice/honest guy but guess what, some of his assertions are true, some are nonsense! Maybe he's lying because he has a product to sell or maybe he's actually being honest but is just misguided and doesn't know/understand the actual facts. Either way, the actual facts are NOT defined by how honest someone seems. If you met a flat-earther who seemed completely honest, would you compare their assertions with the actual proven/demonstrated facts or would you therefore believe the earth is in fact flat?
4a. Again, what "you think" (or have just assumed) does NOT correspond to what has already actually occurred! In the early 1980's a famous amplifier challenge did EXACTLY THAT and exposed two of the most famous audiophile magazines effectively as frauds. So, what happened as a result? Pretty much nothing, the magazines and their reviewers just ignored they'd been proven frauds and carried on regardless. The only thing that happened is that they lost some of their more discerning readers (but eventually replaced them with new, un-knowing audiophiles) and the professionals who actually made the music content came to view the audiophile world as a bunch of nutters who'd believe almost any old nonsense, even from those who'd been proven a fraud!

5. Again, that definition is CLEARLY FALSE, even just a basic understanding of the facts and a modicum of common sense reveals it as false! All electrical currents/signals are "time continuous" but OBVIOUSLY, not all electrical signals are analogue signals. The definition of an analogue audio signal is that it is analogous to an acoustic audio signal, which is why it's called an analogue audio signal in the first place!
5a. No, they DO NOT! The data "bits" in a digital audio signal represent amplitude values, NOT frequency values. It makes no difference if you transmit those data bits at 10mbps, 100mbps or use a gigabit ethernet network. If you transmit the same digital music file on a 10mbps ethernet network and then on a gigabit ethernet network, you think the audio frequencies in your music file are going to sound 100 times higher over the gigabit ethernet network?
5b. If your answer to this question is "no, of course not, that's ridiculous", then you statement here is "therefore" just as ridiculous!

6. Of course it's not, that's just as ridiculous! The ethernet protocol requires that the transmitted data is recovered perfectly or it's resent until it is, so either you have perfect fidelity or none whatsoever (playback ceases).

All you've really done is proven my point: "Where's the critical thinking or even simple common sense here?"
You be you and i be me. What do you mean by calling everyone a lier that heard the difference and dont trust your ears whats the sense in that?

Instead of relying on old facts only, while new things is discovered like better designed ethernet cables for the purpose of audio actually improve audio quality ,i suggest you try sotm dcbl cat7 vs generic one and listen yourself. Don't you think you should find out for sure before arguing about it?

All i know and experience everytime i listen is more musical joy with supra cat8 replacing the cat5e utp cable.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #74 of 2,130
I find this ethernet cable interesting and something different. anyone daring to try? they have 60 days money back on cables but maybe best to email and ask them for this particular product as it seems special and there might be exceptions.

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/entreq-primer-network-cable-w-ground-box

I like how they claim the signature sound is.

"Supplied as a complete package incorporating Entreqs EEDS noise draining system, exclusive wooden connectors and dedicated Primer Ground Box you will find a level of performance, musicality and ease unheard of at the price. The USB and RJ45 cables in particular typify this approach with digital music becoming almost analogue in presentation while retaining an open, textured & detailed sound. The improvement, even streaming Spotify via a Primer RJ45, will surprise you!"

I know they have there wooden groundboxes that ive been intrested in that claim stops high frequency stay voltages floating about in your system and find a home in the wodden box instead. Maybe the wodden box with the ethernet cable work the same way?

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/entreq-minimus-ground-box

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #75 of 2,130

Users who are viewing this thread

Back