The Endgame Headphone - is there an end?
Nov 17, 2015 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

Takeanidea

Headphoneus Supremus
Welcome to a revised thread where I would like to introduce the community to a unique breed of headfier ; the End Gamer. This hobby is , for most of us , a never ending quest to find the perfect synergy of music and equipment to listen to it with. 
I shall have a poll and we shall see what Endgame set ups there are out there and whether our preconceived notions of what is the most popular becomes the most voted for Endgame on the poll.

The rules are : you have no interest in buying any headphone of a similar nature to this ; therefore headphones for portable use or closed as opposed to open phones could also be purchased without destroying your credibility but buying or thinking of buying an SR009 when you have said your endgame is an HD800 - clearly you've not got to endgame in that scenario. 

Also , this Flagship (or near flagship) needs to have been with you and been your go to product for the ultimate listening experience wherever that may be..... for 1 WHOLE YEAR.

Now that is a tall order !

I will include as many headphones as I can think on the poll. Only Headphones for this thread - I will put up another for sources and another for amps. If I have left a key headphone out I shall apologise now, I only have 20 I can put on here and I've tried to include as many as I can.

There will be another thread next year to include the HE1000 - no one has owned these for long enough yet to be in the club.

I used this in a previous thread to help me and others try and engage these most unique members of our forum and find out what they could tell us about the reasons why they thought what they had was the best for them. I really hope we can get you back for this updated thread and get some others to tell us their story. 

Come on endgamers I know you are out there........

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #6 of 65
Altered again - it's very intimate in here at the moment - just you and me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 65
Just bought a HE-60. Just for fun, you could add it to the list please? it's old enough I guess :wink:

I have had a HD800 for 2 years and a half but I plan to go to the HD800S and I'm still curious about best Electrostatic headphones so I can't vote. I like this game.  
biggrin.gif

Grado HS1000 is the HP1000 I presum ?

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 65
  Just bought a HE-60. Just for fun, you could add it to the list please? it's old enough I guess :wink:

I have had a HD800 for 2 years and a half but I plan to go to the HD800S and I'm still curious about best Electrostatic headphones so I can't vote. I like this game.  
biggrin.gif

Grado HS1000 is the HP1000 I presum ?

You and me both buddy!  HA!

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 65
Yeah - was wondering about the "HS1000" - but HP1000 makes sense. :xf_eek: Some other cans that come to mind include the PS-1, HE60, ESP/950, other Ultrasones (e.g. Ed7, Ed9, SigPro, etc), JVC HP-DX1000, and various AT models (probably most of the W series, and some of the ADs). I'd personally vote Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 - I've had them for something like 2-3 years and I'm not giving them up. Yes I've tried other cans since/before then (some are on the list), and I would still come back to the W5000 as my preference (they don't completely overshadow other cans, at least for me, though - and that's what I really like about headphones vs speakers, is even having my "endgame" or "reference system" I can still enjoy other setups quite easily).

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 65

You and me both buddy!  HA!

Seems so
beerchug.gif
. Honestly the HD800/800S + Stratus will probably be my end game rig for all my daily listenings.  Other purchase are more for fun than for "upgrade".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back