The Endgame Headphone - is there an end?
Nov 25, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #31 of 65

I thought this one would come up sooner or later.

The HD800 - moddable without audio engineering skills, efficient enough to sound good through most desktop amps. Good enough to be truly great through some amps. I have listened to the SR009 BHSE setup a few times now and that truly is great.
I have heard the HD800s through a First Watt F6 diy build I happen to own and am happy this and the HE-6 is as good as I need.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #32 of 65
I think it will be tougher for headfiers to state categorically they are not looking for upgrades this year.

This is new..... it may sway these owners

Then again these

May tempt these people

And even these diehard fans (44% of Endgame votes so far)

Are going to be sorely tempted in 2016

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #34 of 65
Stax fanboy, so SR-009. I'm one of those multiple dudes that fell into that "once you go Stax you never go back" thing.
BTW, there's only one "non-Stax" phones with which I want to dig some things further, Sennheiser HD800. I'll buy one (or most likely HD800S) eventually, and the path to extract the best sound from the undoubtely best dynamic driver ever produced is the only itch I have so far...apart from Stax

Ali

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #35 of 65
  Stax fanboy, so SR-009. I'm one of those multiple dudes that fell into that "once you go Stax you never go back" thing.
BTW, there's only one "non-Stax" phones with which I want to dig some things further, Sennheiser HD800. I'll buy one (or most likely HD800S) eventually, and the path to extract the best sound from the undoubtely best dynamic driver ever produced is the only itch I have so far...apart from Stax

Ali

Senn fanboy so HD800. I'm one of those multiple dudes that fell into that "once you go HD800 you never go back" thing.
BTW, there're only a few other phones with which I want to dig some things further : Electrostatics . I already bought and sold a few, and the path to extract the best sound from those headphones is the only itch I have so far...apart from HD800s. 

biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #36 of 65
What's the woody over the Abyss?

Kennerton Odin. Russian planardynamic headphones. expensive ( 2500€) , heavy ( 800gr ) and listening impressions are a bit all over the place. Ears I trust told me good things about it though. Is seems this Odin sounds good. Similar to HE-6 but maybe better. Never heard myself. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #37 of 65

Ali

Yup. Except Stax or bust.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #38 of 65
Zealots are in da place. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #44 of 65
  That's a nice looking phone for sure. What is the polarity switch all about?

it allows user to correct for errors in absolute polarity in recordings - useful in recording studios...

http://www.stereophile.com/content/grado-hp-1-headphones#bpgmbHZZUyFjfp2Y.97

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #45 of 65
I know it doesn't count, but I'm pretty sure I'll have my HE1000 for well over a year, Trev. Haven't got any money left to buy anything else for at last 2 years
smily_headphones1.gif

Great to hear from you Mark
smily_headphones1.gif
Ahhh, you have found another way in on endgame that I had not thought of..... Simply unable to deal with the guilt of any more purchases of top end headphones when you know darn well that the Orpheus 2 will be yours in 2 years and 1 days time! Shame on you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back