The elusive WIRELESS HD580/HD600's (aka. the Sennheiser IS850's)
Apr 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gradofan1

aka davisxu
aka rajmahal
aka PolarBear123
Just got a pair today man they are amazing! Completely blew me away with the lossless sound quality. Blindfolded, I compared it to a wired HD600 unamp'd and I couldn't tell the difference.

The Sennheiser IS850 has an internal DAC/AMP on the headphone itself!! And the run on rechargable AA batteries. Why isn't there more buzz about wireless headphones like these? Wires are a pain in the ***. 

My only complaint was that the (lossless) infrared transmission could pick up some static if there are too many other electronics nearby, but in the manual it said to place the transmitter as high up as possible, and that did the trick. 

Anyone else have any thoughts/comments on the IS850's?

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Why isn't there more buzz about wireless headphones like these? Wires are a pain in the ***. 

Because.. they are wireless? Don't get me wrong. Agreed 100% that wires all over the place stinks but I bet that most take a wire over wireless any day for the sake of fidelity. Even a hint of static which is likely to happen more than a few times personally puts me right out of the interest zone.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 4
I guess... but they have an internal DAC and AMP placed onto the headphone; and the static isn't a problem 99% of the time AND it's lossless...

The only research I can find on the internet is that it retailed for $1300 originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back