The egg salad sandwich
Oct 13, 2011 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
The egg salad sandwich is perhaps the most underrated sandwich. It actually is a fine sandwich. I like to add black or green olives to give it an extra dimension of flavor. I believe an egg salad sandwich can taste as good as a gourmet sandwich if made well and with some creative twists.

Another great thing about this sandwich is that it is cheap. People talk about being on a low budget and being stuck with ramen noodles but the egg salad sandwich is a good break for the ramen eaters who get burned out on the noodles. Lastly, it is a no brainer to make. Just boil eggs, let cool a little and add mayonaise. It's cheap, delicious and a nice base for creativity for those who want to add other things to it. 

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 63
Add some finely chopped celery or dill pickle for a little crunch.
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 63
For a high end version, possibly crab meat, lobster or caviar.

Or thin English cucumber slices on the bottom and garnished with salmon roe for an open face style sandwich. Homemade mayo too preferably.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #8 of 63
Excuse me. You're supposed to add mustard to the eggs and mayo. :)

This is a longtime favorite. Also, very easily prepared in advance. Sometimes I'll hardboil a dozen eggs and prepare a big bowl of egg salad. It keeps for about a week in the 'fridge. Anytime you want a sandwich, just spread it on some bread. Fast and easy. Sometimes I'll heat up some soup to go with it; soup is also easy to make in advance and leave in the 'fridge for a week.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #9 of 63
Agreed, very nice sandwich. Together with the mayo + mustard, add a drop of ketchup (or worchestersauce) and if possible some fresh chives.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #10 of 63
ehhh...... These actually kind of make me sick :S I've never been able to eat an egg salad sandwich.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #13 of 63
A simple scrambled egg sandwich is underrated as well. Scrambled eggs, melted american cheese, and optional ketchup on toast. Good for a quick breakfast. Then you can eat an egg salad sandwich for lunch 
cool.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #14 of 63

Quote:
Add beers and I'm in.

Leave out the egg sandwich, add more beer.

Quote:
A simple scrambled egg sandwich is underrated as well. Scrambled eggs, melted american cheese, and optional ketchup on toast. Good for a quick breakfast. Then you can eat an egg salad sandwich for lunch 
cool.gif

"american cheese" 
That's an oxymoron isn't it?  

*runs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back