The Eclipse TD-M1 IN STOCK!
Sep 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #76 of 79
Just received my pair today.

Will post some more thoughts and a couple pics later, but first impressions...

- really nice, neutral sound in the sweet spot
- maybe a bit light on the low end, and a bit of low mid mud, but these are TINY drivers
- definitely "desktop" speakers without the power to project a sweet spot more than a couple feet away
- highs fall off dramatically off-axis
- AirPlay feature is pretty slick, but I had some sputtering and overall connectivity issues
- they look fantastic!

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #78 of 79
HI All,

The Eclipse TD-M1 loaner program has run its course and they are now back here and available for purchase. The loaner pairs were a mix of Black and White but we have put the pairs back together so if you buy a set they will both be the same color. They are in very good condition and have been tested and examined for any problems and have passed inspection. You will have a full warranty with these speakers.

The White TD-M1 speakers can be ordered here for $1040 (20% off)  http://www.ttvjaudio.com/Eclipse_TD_M1_speakers_WHITE_loaner_p/use0000944.htm
The Black TD-M1 speakers can be ordered here for $1040 (20% off)  http://www.ttvjaudio.com/product_p/use0000943.htm

Todd

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #79 of 79
I use these speakers for travel purposes - I'm working overseas and they just fit in my backpack with bubble wrap!
So I use them in my smallish living room.

I think many of the users are unaware of setting up the speakers in a good position - 1 of the photos had them on the floor and another had the drivers pointing towards the ceiling despite the listening position being significantly below their location. If possible line the speaker up with your ear height.

Even small speakers benefit from stands to control vibrations. Also I think as mentioned in one of the posts here the quality of the playback material has an effect on how good they sound - junk in = junk out, case in point I have a Dandy Warhols cd rip of Mis Amigos - now I like the song, however the dynamic range is squashed like a pancake and it sounds really bad. King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King DVD-A (Dyn Range 11) sounds so much clearer and coherent. The imaging is really good, detail is decent too, Full range speakers are a different beast to multiple driver speakers. I also own the Diatone P610mb (50th anniversary edition) legendary full rangers too. They are better than the eclipses, however they are not powered speakers and are in larger cabinets.

I wonder if some of the reactions here were to do with clipping from poor recordings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back