The Eclectic Underground Dumpster
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #516 of 3,330
I've always been captivated by Psychic Tv, Throbbing Gristle, and Coil's works.
Most of their music gets under my skin, makes me uneasy.., but that is their crux I suppose.
I don't listen to them much anymore as my taste in music has changed, and will probably keep changing.
It also seems the older I get , the more suspicious and afraid I become. These days I usually search for music that makes me feel good, something with a pleasant melody, good lyrics, nice beat, etc..
For no reason (maybe for old times' sake, or to be rattled) I'll find myself going back..,

I have never gotten that under the skin, uneasy feeling from them. I just always perceived their music as an art pushing boundaries more than anything else. I don't listen to them much anymore, either, but I'm just not angry/angsty like I used to be. I still absolutely love bands that really push the boundaries of what music is and can be, though. Nurse With Wound is one of those bands that no matter how little I actually listen to them I will always put them in high regard for their artistic take in the realm of audio. Throbbing Gristle falls into that category as well.

This actually brings up a very interesting subject matter that has been tossed around in my head for years. A museum dedicated to audio art. Just musicians and bands who really push boundaries like Nurse With Wound, Arto Lindsay, Throbbing Gristle, Bethan Kellough (even though she has only released an EP). Just have individual stations set up so once you step inside you are just hearing a song of theirs, or it cycles through an album. It would just be such an expensive endeavor trying to get the perfect speaker and surround setup. I would still absolutely love doing that, though.

Anyway. Listening to the new Jack White album today.

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #525 of 3,330
A beautiful piece from one of my all time favorite ambient albums..,

Great tune. I hadn't been keeping up on this thread and posted this song the other day in the Techno Electro and Underground Beats thread. Sorry for the double post. But hey, it seems we both like this song!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back