The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver hybrid flagship from Fidue
Jun 9, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #79 of 631
These are not exactly glamor shots, but just more close ups for your enjoyment (click to expand):

Also, just to give you an idea of how they compare to A83 (in size):

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #81 of 631

Quote:
These are not exactly glamor shots, but just more close ups for your enjoyment (click to expand):

Also, just to give you an idea of how they compare to A83 (in size):

Metal shell or plastic shell?

all aluminum, solid and lightweight !!!

* please use spoiler tag when quoting picture post
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #83 of 631
Jun 9, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #87 of 631

all aluminum, solid and lightweight !!!

* please use spoiler tag when quoting picture post
wink.gif

Wow.. That weight more or less same as CA IEMs?

Fidue SIRIUS and CFA Andromeda each weight 6g, exact weight!!!

A number of people asked me about SIRIUS vs Andromeda comparison.  Here is how I hear it, driven by LPG:

Soundstage expansion nearly the same in all directions, wide and holographic, though I feel SIRIUS is a touch wider, while Andromeda is a bit deeper.  Both have great layering and separation of sounds.

In terms of the sound tuning, Andromeda has more sub-bass, while mid-bass is nearly the same in both.  SIRIUS has a little more body in lower mids, making sound more balanced, while upper mids are nearly the same in both, very detailed, resolving, non-fatigue.  Both have an excellent treble extension, crisp, well defined, detailed, but Andromeda has a little more sparkle and a touch more airiness.

Overall, I hear SIRIUS to be more balanced, more reference quality, and more evenly tuned, while Andromeda has more emphasis in different parts of the spectrum, making sound more fun.

Also, SIRIUS has zero hissing, while Andromeda has some.  Furthermore, if you have a small concha area, SIRIUS might be a bit tougher on your ears with a fit, but if you notice - the inner part of the shell facing your ear is rounded and smooth which is a definitely advantage over Andromeda, though with a right selection of eartips they both have a good fit.

Regarding the weight, Vince absolutely right - SIRIUS cable is a beast, more heavy duty plus the headphone jacks and adapter cable jacks add more weight.  But they are solid and feel very premium.

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #89 of 631
Uh, I'm surprised by Sirius' size - won't be a problem for me though with my large ears, but I'll hopefully see that myself today.
Inner facing vents - that will make measurements in a regular coupler of course quite inaccurate unless one has got an artificial measurement head (similar to the Dunu Titan series for example that sound & measure quite different, depending on vent proximity to the ear - the Sirius should however behave less critically and more or less behave like the A73 and A83 in a real ear).

Sirius looks siriously classy. However, I cannot say that I am a fan of the idea of the cloth-coated cable. It will fray over time and get soaked with sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back