The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Sep 8, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #586 of 803
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/headphone-memory-foam-earpads-sheep-skin

interesting...give it  a shot n take one for headfi :p

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #587 of 803

So i got them in the mail today. I dont have any other non stock pads to compare them to but my first impressions are great. was a little worried the angled pads might be a little tight as they're 10mm narrower over non angeled ones but my ears fit just fine. Even glad i got them over the regulars as those might have made my headphones too loose for the gym.

My ears arnt trained & just got my audio techs ws99bt that i got the pads for so im still getting used to their sound and breaking them in. My initial thoughts are the pads sound a better over stock in opening up the soundstage. Doesnt seem they effected the sound but i need to do more listening.

The sheepskin leather feels nice over my ears in a very nice but subtle change, smoother and softer over my stock pleathers, interesting they were $6 more on amazon compared to brainwavs site. To me it was worth the extra amount. My thinking is if im getting pads for comfort, i might as well get the most comfortable ones i can w/i reason. though they are ~twice the amount of the pleathers, the extra $20 over the life of the pads doesnt seem bad for some added softness & smoothless for me. i dont think someone should expect a world of difference over the pleathers but for those who want a little more comfort knowing they're paying a premium i think they'll be happy.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #588 of 803
So i got them in the mail today. I dont have any other non stock pads to compare them to but my first impressions are great. was a little worried the angled pads might be a little tight as they're 10mm narrower over non angeled ones but my ears fit just fine. Even glad i got them over the regulars as those might have made my headphones too loose for the gym.

My ears arnt trained & just got my audio techs ws99bt that i got the pads for so im still getting used to their sound and breaking them in. My initial thoughts are the pads sound a better over stock in opening up the soundstage. Doesnt seem they effected the sound but i need to do more listening.

The sheepskin leather feels nice over my ears in a very nice but subtle change, smoother and softer over my stock pleathers, interesting they were $6 more on amazon compared to brainwavs site. To me it was worth the extra amount. My thinking is if im getting pads for comfort, i might as well get the most comfortable ones i can w/i reason. though they are ~twice the amount of the pleathers, the extra $20 over the life of the pads doesnt seem bad for some added softness & smoothless for me. i dont think someone should expect a world of difference over the pleathers but for those who want a little more comfort knowing they're paying a premium i think they'll be happy.

Have you ever tried the Alpha Pads? They're my favorite pads ever. I do like the Brainwayvs pleathers, but I know a lot of people don't like how the Brainwayvs pads alter the sound of headphones.

What headphones are you using, BTW?

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #589 of 803
Matt, maybe u could post some fotos...with a ruler added, when u are free,
like to take a look at the lambskin :p

i hv the alphapads...its kinda THICK/tall, and that opening aint tat huge.
Sometimes i tot the sound is kinda crossfaded...haha, playing tricks on my ears.
( it is on my dt770 now )

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #590 of 803
Has anyone here had luck using the Brainwayvs pleathers or velours on the any of the Beyerdynamic DT series - the DT990 in particular? I'm looking to trade my DT990, but I want to recommend some pads for my tradee, who would want to replace them.

I know the Brainwayvs will fit, but I'm unsure if they'll alter the sound adversely.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #591 of 803
Have you ever tried the Alpha Pads? They're my favorite pads ever. I do like the Brainwayvs pleathers, but I know a lot of people don't like how the Brainwayvs pads alter the sound of headphones.

No i havent tried the alphas. The brainwavz sheepskin are my only pads ive tried other then stock ones. My headphones are the audio technica ws99bt.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #592 of 803
Matt, maybe u could post some fotos...with a ruler added, when u are free,
like to take a look at the lambskin :p

i hv the alphapads...its kinda THICK/tall, and that opening aint tat huge.
Sometimes i tot the sound is kinda crossfaded...haha, playing tricks on my ears.
( it is on my dt770 now )

Here are some pics. The exact measurements are on brainwavz and amazons site. I know they are 40mm wide (inside) by 70mm tall (inside) the non angeld ones are 10mm wider

For the angeled pads, the wider side seems to be about 2x the narrower side but i dont remember how thick/thin they are

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #593 of 803

I have 4 sets of Alpha Pads, best pads..........ever

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #594 of 803
Does anyone know if the Alpha pads fit on the Sony MDR-1ABT's?? Kind of not needing them now but will get them when my stock ones need to be replaced. I def need some 'cooler' pads for the warmer days but my understanding is that they alter the sound too much. I guess I'll just use them for colder days.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #596 of 803
We are offering over-ear and on-ear alternatives.
http://vesperaudio.com/sites/default/files/styles/view_gallery_large/public/inline-albums/audeze_sine_over_ear_genuine_leather_custom_earpads.jpg?itok=ZvgAKqzG
Also check out sine thread, there are many examples of alternative pad setups.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/793518/audeze-sine-series

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #599 of 803
Does anyone know the actual size of the (generally $10) Hifiman velour pads?  They seem like typical (smaller version) Superlux velours, but I can't tell from pictures so far.  

Lots of "big" pads have circular ear openings in the 50mm, maybe 55mm range, but I'm looking for 60mm or bigger.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #600 of 803
Any opinions on ZMF Omni Lambskin pads?

I'm considering to replace Hm5 angled pleathers on my heavily modified DT-880 hp and I'm looking for something circular. By the way: great craftsmanship at moderate prices: polish modder or should I say constructor: michauczok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back