The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Apr 3, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #451 of 803
And you apply this ring on the outside of the pad, just to force it to seal?

I was looking for some oval too, having this idea that if my pads are 800mm round I can find a 70mm + 90mm oval and when the 70mm was stretched the 90 would contract.
But all ovals I find are super big, things like 90 x 110 (like the HM5).

I have started writing questions in Amazon, you know, you can ask to the owners. Asking them to measure the pads :D
It worked but I did not find anything.
Only the Kicker Cush and maybe maybe the Skullcandy...

Yes. Once the pad is tucked into the groove that runs around the outside of the cup, the o-ring is pulled tight right into that groove, and wedges the earpad up against the edge of the groove nice and snug.

I would look to see whether pads meant for the Sony MDR-V6 or 7506 (or the clones thereof) might have dimensions you can use. Something like this, that's marketed as extra deep, would perhaps be okay. But you might want to buy a cheap, cheap pair that's meant to fit 7506s, try them out with a rubber band or o-ring solution to see if the sealing works, and THEN get something more costly.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #452 of 803
oh, thanks, i wrote in another thread to ask the dimensions of those pads. Let's see.

But I hope I can get the pads of the Cush, they seem perfect.
But if I cannot find the earpads alone, I have to buy the whole headphone for just the pads..., which is a bit too much.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #453 of 803
anyone have any information on HD 428?

it is the inside fit mecanism, and i measured the outter diameter as being 81mm x 101mm

i could find official replacements on amazon, but the originals are a piece of crap. flake after a couple months and sound leak like nothing else! so i want one as far from the official as possible...

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #454 of 803

I picked up a pair of Pioneer SE-50's recently, purely for nostalgia. My dad had a pair and as a kid, I spent hundreds of hours listening to them. They arrived in perfect cosmetic condition and I put them on only to notice the ear pads were completely flat, my ears were touching the drivers and they sounded horrible. Based on this thread, I picked up some Brainwavz replacement pads in white. They were a pain to install, had to stretch them quite a bit but finally got them installed. Surprisingly, these 40+ year old cans sound pretty good! There is a bit of a veil there, but I hope it improves with use. I honestly don't these cans have ever been used. The white on white looks pretty cool to me.

I have a pair of Pioneer SE-205's that some of that might fit the hm-5's  like you say the nostalgia factor is cool.

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #456 of 803
  Anyone know which velor pads would fit the Creative Aurvana Live?

looks like the brainwavz hm5 should work. But I can tell you when you give me the dimensions of yours.

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #457 of 803
Omg, I'm dying to swap out the pads on my Audeze EL-8's but they're glued on. I have Alpha pads ready to go. Anyone have any tips on how to get EL-8 pads off without killing my EL-8?

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #458 of 803
Is there any slanted pads that would fit beyerdynamic headphones that aren't oval on the inside. Audeze pads would be perfect if the inner part of it was circle and not a restrictive oval. Same can be said for the Denon 2000 pads. 

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #460 of 803
Anyone know of any bigger pads for JBL Bassline's? The original ones are just a tad small for my ears and press on the top-tip and bottom ear-lobe. I'm new to the headphone game, and all I've been finding are oval pads, whereas the JBL Bassline uses circular ones.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #463 of 803

looks like the brainwavz hm5 should work. But I can tell you when you give me the dimensions of yours.

Do you happen to know if those pads can fit on the sennheiser momentum over ears?

Those pads are way too big for the Momentum. 
They're more often used on much larger headphones like Beyerdynamic DT770 or Fostex T50RP.

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #465 of 803
I've had mine for over 2 years, and in that time I've never seen anyone post anything anywhere about alternative replacement pads, unfortunately.
I would also be interested to know about alternatives, but I think it's limited to a fairly niche size and shape so I would imagine alternatives would have to be manufactured rather than sourced from another pre-existing model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back