The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Aug 31, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #3,001 of 3,155
Thanks for the tips. But a fellow trusted Headfier has offered his services for repair in the States. What a godsend. Other than my I Basso I have an Ipod classic perhaps I should pull the trigger on another backup. Thinking About the Xduoo X3.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #3,003 of 3,155
  Currently on firmware 2.5.1 (L2).  When trying to use the DX90 as a Linux DAC, I'm hearing an audio glitch / click every few seconds.  Is anyone experiencing this as well?

Yep. Popping/clicking has been a problem when using as a Mac/Linux DAC since 2.4.0 You just need to go back to 2.3.0 for a working version.

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #3,005 of 3,155
Just picked these Wasabi batteries for the Samsung S3.  Definitely a big improvement over the original Pisen battery.  A much more beautiful, spacious sound on all the tracks I'm listening to.  Makes me curious about those Japanese cell original Samsung batteries.  These are also a good deal at $20 for a pair.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #3,006 of 3,155
Just picked these Wasabi batteries for the Samsung S3.  Definitely a big improvement over the original Pisen battery.  A much more beautiful, spacious sound on all the tracks I'm listening to.  Makes me curious about those Japanese cell original Samsung batteries.  These are also a good deal at $20 for a pair.

I picked up a couple of these on Amazon and got them a few days ago. It's hard to buy into the idea of different batteries having an effect on SQ, but sure enough there's a noticeable improvement going from an Anker to a Wasabi battery. I just ordered 2 more. Really good find!

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #3,007 of 3,155
the new out of the box RAV power batteries that were recommended a few posts ago don't last as long as the used made in Japan s3 batteries I bought in eBay (pre owned and used already). Nothing beats the oem Japanese made ones. Everything is better than the stock battery.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #3,008 of 3,155
What is the difference in play time you experienced with both? How many cycles have you done with the new one?
If you wanted more playtime, you should have bought the jubatec.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,009 of 3,155
I'm not gonna measure the exact time. Not gonna happen. Even if I wanted to. I will forget to time it, etc. just too much happen ring, however, it is a noticeable enough difference for me to say something.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #3,010 of 3,155
I'm not going to measure either, but I'll venture a guess: 7-8 hours. If I wanted extra run time, I'd use an extended 4400 MaH batteries, of which I have a few. I'd rather carry an extra standard size with me, and switch out if I have to.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #3,011 of 3,155
alright, i'll bite... i got about 10 anker which are decent but would be curious if these have better sound at all so i picked up 2 for comparison.  problem with DX90 is when the bass hits it seems to collapse the power supply so maybe these will help with that.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #3,012 of 3,155
I have a few genuine Japan batteries from when I owned DX90 (went a bit nuts and hunted for them everywhere), I ended up hitting gold with the official Samsung accessory packs, obviously I had to open the packs to find out whether I had scored a Japan battery, from 6 tries I luckily got 3 Japan batteries, 1 Korea, 1 China, 1 Vietnam, at that point I already had 1 Japan battery I was using which I got from a S3 phone so that's why I went on the hunt for more Japan batteries, because I knew they sounded awesome. I never thought I would sell my DX90 otherwise I would have kept the packaging, I have the chargers though, I have tested them all and I guarantee they are genuine, there was never any fake accessory packs firstly, but more importantly I have directly compared these official batteries to fake samsung batteries I bought as single units from amazon/ebay, the fakes even have made in Japan written on them and look identical to the genuine batteries from these official accessory packs! But they sound similar to the stock battery, so that means the only way to make sure you got genuine is if they came in proper samsung packaging. Also genuine single unit samsung batteries all come in a proper box, if you received them in a plastic sleeve like the ones from ebay then they are very likely fake like some of the ones I tested.

I have for sale 3 new genuine Japan batteries for $45 each, will come with the charger, 1 new genuine Korea battery $35, and 1 Japan battery that I used in my own DX90 (the un-sleeved one) for $25. I kept all batteries at 50% charge for optimal health. And btw I'm not making money of these, selling for cheaper than the accessory packs cost me, and I'm losing almost double my money when you calculate the costs it took to obtain these out of the fakes and other genuine units I went through... But I have no use for these anymore, if you have disposable income and want a boost in sound quality these Japan batteries are the best.

The Japan batteries obviously sound the best, the Korea battery is second, and the genuine China and Vietnam batteries sound better than the stock dx90 battery, the fake samsung batteries are similar to the stock battery in quality.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #3,013 of 3,155
That was a hard hunting bro :D
Btw, curious to know how fast do these samsung chargers can charge a normal size battery ?
I have an Anker charger rated at 600mA per hour but actually it is rather 300-350mA in use.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #3,015 of 3,155
Okay, thanks for your input.
Wow. It seems you have the top Samsung Japan batteries.
I am sorry I won't need more batteries for some time.
I have called off the search :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back