The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Dec 1, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #3,031 of 3,155
Hi folks,

because most people arround me aren´t audiophile I let YOU know how happy I am with my birthday upgrades.

Coming from the DX50 with fiio E17 and stagediver SD3  I´m now running a hardly used DX90 that I send, after one day listening, to Michail for his Mod and now running Lurkers newest FW. I also got a Lehmann traveller in very good condition that fires my new HD650 at home and my ATH M50 or SD3 "out of the door" . 

If I could I would listen to my new rig 24/7 to shiver about all the new things in my old music and the new stuff I found during testing.

BTW: Because hires music needs some more space I like to know if I can change the microSD´s like a CD after building the catalog on the card at the first time using it.

Thank you for listening

Ruediger

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #3,032 of 3,155

Coming from the DX50 with fiio E17 and stagediver SD3  I´m now running a hardly used DX90 that I send, after one day listening, to Michail for his Mod and now running Lurkers newest FW. 

Welcome!
Very nice! Mod 1 or 2? I have Mod1.
Anyway you'll be very happy with it.
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #3,033 of 3,155
"BTW: Because hires music needs some more space I like to know if I can change the microSD´s like a CD after building the catalog on the card at the first time using it."

You'd need to re-read the files each time you changed a card.

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #3,034 of 3,155
when I plug my headphones to the LO of my dx90 I can hear strange high pitch noise. but when I use LO for my active speakers or separate amp, the sound is ok. does anyone else have this experience with pluging IEMs straight to LO?

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #3,036 of 3,155
  when I plug my headphones to the LO of my dx90 I can hear strange high pitch noise. but when I use LO for my active speakers or separate amp, the sound is ok. does anyone else have this experience with pluging IEMs straight to LO?

Are you plugging into the LO or the output on the top of the DX90? The output on top is the digital output and that would put out a high pitched sound. For headphones or IEMs you would use the headphone output on the bottom left.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 12, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #3,037 of 3,155
I know that LO is not for headphones but I remember someone mentionong that he prefers to listen with his IEMs from LO so I wanted to try that :)

and after more than two years of using my dx90 I can find all the right holes blindfolded :wink:

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,041 of 3,155
I bought the iBasso DX90 because it's supposed to play well with USB OTG hard drives. The manual mentioned that it can support 2TB SD cards (whenever they come out), so I got a 2TB external hard drive. It's a desktop hard drive, so it has its own power supply.

However, when I listen to very high resolution files, particular DSD or 192kHz, it skips every few seconds, for a few seconds. It's like there are read issues. Is there a way I can mitigate this?

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #3,042 of 3,155
I bought the iBasso DX90 because it's supposed to play well with USB OTG hard drives. The manual mentioned that it can support 2TB SD cards (whenever they come out), so I got a 2TB external hard drive. It's a desktop hard drive, so it has its own power supply.

However, when I listen to very high resolution files, particular DSD or 192kHz, it skips every few seconds, for a few seconds. It's like there are read issues. Is there a way I can mitigate this?

Try another firmware version.

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #3,043 of 3,155
Try another firmware version.
I'm under the impression that I have the newest version - is there an older version you'd recommend?

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #3,045 of 3,155
Yes I would try FAT32 for sure. But I think 2.3.2 and 2.3.4 were good too. I don't own dx90 any more but it worked fine with otg hard drives when I had it. Different firmwares broke certain things when I owned it so I know from experience the newest firmware wasn't alway the best one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back