The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Mar 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #2,928 of 3,155
anyone have issues download 2.4.0, mine downloaded at only 9 mbs and when I tried extracting the file, i got an error.  Looks like most of the firmware sizes are around 80 or 90 mbs.  Also even on the ibasso website, the firmware file size is listed as only 1kb.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,929 of 3,155
@ankuse

I don't get any problem with the download (finished quickly in less than one minute). Maybe you should refresh your browser cash or retry a few hours later. The last time I have experienced this issue on iBasso's download site with a DX90 FW was over two years ago (exactly the same issue as you are now experiencing), but just short time after (I guess I didn't even wait for an hour), the download finished without any problems. By the way, the .rar download size of the current FW is 85.4 MB).

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,930 of 3,155
I have a dac / amp ordered (RAL REX KEB03) I'd like to connect with my DX90 to use as a transport. The rear panel inputs are mini-USB and optical, shown below:

Will a  connection USB-micro out from DX90 to USB-mini into this unit provide OTG audio input, or will I need to run a cable like this below from the DX90 coaxial output into the KEB03 optical input?

The USB connection supports DSD whereas the digital / optical does not, but I am unsure what will work and appreciate any help!

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #2,931 of 3,155
  I have a dac / amp ordered (RAL REX KEB03) I'd like to connect with my DX90 to use as a transport. The rear panel inputs are mini-USB and optical, shown below:

Will a  connection USB-micro out from DX90 to USB-mini into this unit provide OTG audio input, or will I need to run a cable like this below from the DX90 coaxial output into the KEB03 optical input?

The USB connection supports DSD whereas the digital / optical does not, but I am unsure what will work and appreciate any help!

I don't think the DX90 will provide output via a USB. It only has coaxial and headphone output. 

BUT you can use a coaxial to optical converter like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/C2G-40018-Coaxial-Toslink-Converter/dp/B0002J2MV4

I hope it helps!

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #2,932 of 3,155
Thank you, morinu[u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)].[/color][/u] I am hoping to use the DX90 / RAL unit stacked / portable and this converter appears to require D/C power. I do appreciate your help and suggestion, though.

BTW I've answered my own question about the cable above, which appears to be mini-Toslink and thus not compatible with DX90's coax. out.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,935 of 3,155
  I don't think the DX90 will provide output via a USB. It only has coaxial and headphone output. 

BUT you can use a coaxial to optical converter like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/C2G-40018-Coaxial-Toslink-Converter/dp/B0002J2MV4

I hope it helps!

Thanks, morinu. Your tip was spot on. Picked up an inexpensive converter and enjoying the DX90 stacked to RAL KEB-03 very much:

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #2,936 of 3,155
Hello,

This is the actual first post on Head Fi but been reading all type of threads for the past several years.

I own the DX90 and i'm paring it with the UMPRO 50 but I've been struggling trying to get a good EQ setting on this.
When using umpro50 with a Fiio e07K and boosting the treble setting the sound is simply amazing but i cant really get the same sound without the digital EQ from the DX90.

Can anyone who owns the umpro50 and DX90 share EQ settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back