The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Jul 29, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,598 of 3,155
So bad. I never heard that before.How can it possible that zero volume from 1 to 90 :mute:. why they keep this thing like that.

Some very sensetive iem's will deliver audible sound at lower levels of volume than your iem's while my HE-500 headphones require more than 90 on low gain before sound is audible. It's just the way it is

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,599 of 3,155
So bad. I never heard that before.How can it possible that zero volume from 1 to 90 :mute:. why they keep this thing like that.

I don't think it is bad at all, there is sound and with sensitive IEMs it is audible. There are two major advantages and no disadvantages that I can see to the DAP working like that.

1. You have very good and very fine volume control, no jumping through massive volume differences.
2. The DX90 has practically no background noise ( although I have heard of people with very sensitive earphones that can hear some background hiss)

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #2,601 of 3,155

This is normal. Many volume controls have very low volume  and often a volume you can not hear in the lower range. With very sensitive monitors you can hear below 90 but most would use a range higher than that. The point is that it is a gradual increase and it works.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 29, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #2,602 of 3,155
This is a message for Paul at iBasso.  Sorry to be briefly off-topic, but I am trying to obtain a DX90 (as I understand it has been discontinued) & I am unable to get in touch with Extreme Audio USA, the N.A. distributor.  I have also sent messages to iBasso about this through the "contact" portion of the iBasso website but have not received a response.  Would you have (or have access to) a contact person at Extreme Audio who will return my e-mail or phone call?  Please let me know.  Many thanks!

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #2,603 of 3,155
This is normal. Many volume controls have very low volume  and often a volume you can not hear in the lower range. With very sensitive monitors you can hear below 90 but most would use a range higher than that. The point is that it is a gradual increase and it works.

Maybe now he will accept the answer and stop pestering people in multiple threads and via pm

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,605 of 3,155
Jul 29, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,606 of 3,155
  This is a message for Paul at iBasso.  Sorry to be briefly off-topic, but I am trying to obtain a DX90 (as I understand it has been discontinued) & I am unable to get in touch with Extreme Audio USA, the N.A. distributor.  I have also sent messages to iBasso about this through the "contact" portion of the iBasso website but have not received a response.  Would you have (or have access to) a contact person at Extreme Audio who will return my e-mail or phone call?  Please let me know.  Many thanks!

I see the DX90 for sale on Amazon at a good price.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 29, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #2,608 of 3,155
My Buttero Orange dignis is great....good luck, I hope it works out.

Hey guys whats the largest mini sd card the DX90 will take, is my 125gb a maximum?:)
Thanks
Ed

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #2,609 of 3,155
My Buttero Orange dignis is great....good luck, I hope it works out.

Hey guys whats the largest mini sd card the DX90 will take, is my 125gb a maximum?:)
Thanks
Ed

2TB if you can find one :wink:

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #2,610 of 3,155
2TB if you can find one :wink:

Thanks ...wow.
My new DX90 didn't have a burn in cable for whatever reason and I've been listening it in!
Last night I noticed it opening up and the sound is even better today, I use Grado PS500's while in my apartment and its
like heaven to me..lol..they both came my way about the same time.....this is fabulous, Big thanks
to ibasso for making this configuration available and affordable. I'm sure in a few weeks it will be the old model
but not to me.. :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back