The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Jun 27, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #2,506 of 3,155
Hi...

Any one try DUNU DN-2000 with IBASSO DX90...PLEASE INFORM ME YOUR FEEDBACK HELP ME TO BUY RIGHT IEM. I not finding any review about dx90 and dn 2000...that's why am little bit worrying to buy Dn 2000.Yo are right I Have no doubt about DN 2000 sQ. as par reviews dn 2000.If you ask me about my music choice i like to listen ROCK'POP'HIP HOP'ELECTRO.so please inform me your Opinion It helps me to buy IEM.

Well what's your preference? The DX90 can be harsh at times with neutral to bright headphones which to me are the DN2000. if you like a warmer sig I personally would not recommend them. if you check out the review of the DN1000/2000 and FX850 he has the DX90 in his review.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/727286/review-and-comparison-of-dunu-dn-1000-dn-2000-jvc-ha-fx850

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #2,507 of 3,155

It is a burn in cable that allow you to run your DX90 with this cable plugged in instead of headphones while breaking it in. It is a nice accessory...at least for those who believe in burn in. You can turn the volume all of the way up while burning in with this cable and not have to worry about damaging your headphones.

Just a stupid question, since I am plugging my headphones from phone out portion, can I just plug the burn in cable to line out portion? Coz I really don't know how it works lol 

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #2,508 of 3,155
Just a stupid question, since I am plugging my headphones from phone out portion, can I just plug the burn in cable to line out portion? Coz I really don't know how it works lol 

No. You use the burn in cable in place of a headphone

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #2,509 of 3,155
Hi all. Just wondering what sort of battery life others are getting?  Been burning in for a couple of weeks -with a single wav music track on single repeat. I left it on low gain and volume set at 200. ( Is full volume and/or high gain better?) I'm getting about 4.5 to 5 hours from a full charge -down to when the "final battery dot" disappears!! I haven't tested how much longer you get before the thing just shuts down.

Just wondering if this is typical. Obviously-
with screen off -I'm expecting less time from day to day usage with maybe track switching etc.
To be honest its not a huge issue-in that I have bought a couple of Anker spare batteries so can switch out if needed. Regards.
PS I updated to fw 2.3 and have 128 and64gb cards in.But am burning with an internal storage file

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #2,510 of 3,155
About 5 hours normal use

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #2,511 of 3,155
Hi all. Just wondering what sort of battery life others are getting?  Been burning in for a couple of weeks -with a single wav music track on single repeat. I left it on low gain and volume set at 200. ( Is full volume and/or high gain better?) I'm getting about 4.5 to 5 hours from a full charge -down to when the "final battery dot" disappears!! I haven't tested how much longer you get before the thing just shuts down.

Just wondering if this is typical. Obviously-
with screen off -I'm expecting less time from day to day usage with maybe track switching etc.
To be honest its not a huge issue-in that I have bought a couple of Anker spare batteries so can switch out if needed. Regards.
PS I updated to fw 2.3 and have 128 and64gb cards in.But am burning with an internal storage file

Mine will go for an hour after there are no bars but I've never timed it from full to dead as I put another charged battery in if its getting low.

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #2,512 of 3,155
Thanks for replies folks. Howdy-that's fairly reassuring that there's something like an hour to go even after reaching the "empty" mark!!  As I stated originally I have a couple of spares which I carry with me in a small leather carry pouch - so basically am going out with 15 hours or more of playing time-  more than enough!!Regrds

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2,513 of 3,155
Browsing recent Rockbox code for review I found someone actually submitted almost an identical changeset to what I did to enable the power button as a display toggle. i merged those changes with what I am doing to make it just a little better. great minds think alike :wink:

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #2,515 of 3,155
I don't mind emailing it to anyone who wants it... really just the rockbox file don't think you need the entire zip or all the other stuff.  pm me if interested and let me know what you want of it and what you think of it.  i am perfectly willing to support it if you find any issues using some other settings i haven't tested but to be honest i do not get fancy with my settings (only backlight always on) and the idea wasn't to make this work in every imaginable scenario only mine.  i recommend you try it that way first and if you find it not working with some alternate settings then perhaps i can fix it for you. i also don't mind customizing a build for you to fine tuning any parameters like the volume step size, button press time to power off, etc...  so far i havent had any issues with it.  it also includes a few other fixes i made during round 1 like the touchscreen fixes and a few other button and touch drag behavior fixes.

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,517 of 3,155
Any impressions on DX90 vs DX50?
DX50 is a bit cheaper and has longer battery running time, but, soundwise, DX90 is much better.

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #2,518 of 3,155
  Any impressions on DX90 vs DX50?

They sound similar to me in overall signature / tonality, that same semi lean - slightly bright detailed presentation, both share an iBasso house sound.

The main differences are DX90 has better layering, slightly wider soundstage and is more revealing of detail (especially on firmware v2.2.0). DX90 packs more power hence the lower run times and simply sounds a touch more classy / effortless at everything DX50 does without any strain on your ears or higher volumes required to extract detail.

When I run Tralucent 1Plus2 with DX50 it sounds good, (firmware V1.6.0) but notably better on DX90 taking all above aspects further.

My suggestion is, if you're thinking to buy DX50 as the cheaper way out that's fine if your budget isn't flexible. In saying that, you'll probably only want DX90 anyway once you get DX50 always wondering, may as well go for the end result. If you're wanting to upgrade from DX50 then the benefits are there.

DX90 is a good unit, providing you let it settle in (if new) and keep realistic expectations (especially firmware v.2.2.0)

For example, I prefer my 1Plus2 with DX90 over Cayin N6, Pono Player, Hum Pervasion, Shozy Alien, DX50.

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #2,519 of 3,155
I'm upgrading my DAP from the Cowon J3 and need to know if people think that this player would be a decent improvement over the Cowon, with regards the audio quality.

I know the UI, size and battery life will not be as good, but would the audio quality be a big enough improvment, for me to ignore the drawbacks?

Cheers.

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #2,520 of 3,155
I'm upgrading my DAP from the Cowon J3 and need to know if people think that this player would be a decent improvement over the Cowon, with regards the audio quality.

I know the UI, size and battery life will not be as good, but would the audio quality be a big enough improvment, for me to ignore the drawbacks?

Cheers.

Definitely, I've owned Cowon J3 twice. DX90 is an absolute upgrade, more importantly the headphone you're going to use as well.

Better the headphone, the more benefits DX90 will show you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back