The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Mar 26, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #2,131 of 3,155

I own both and would agree, the DX100 is better but not by a mile.  I could live with the DX90 alone especially given its price as compared to the DX100.

Based on many comparisons the DX100 has better resolution,bigger soundstage and better bass impact and detail.If those statements are true then it is better.It doesn't need to be by a mile,after all we are talking about hi rez dedicated daps here and to some degree even that is subjective regarding sound quality.Guys like Currawong,Eke and Mimouille based on their  tests don't believe the x5 sounds any better than an iphone as seen on the dap off thread.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #2,132 of 3,155
Paul..about time u spill some bean on whats cooking in Ibasso's kitchen.Some of us ('me?)is getting a lil restless with upgraditis and most of the time,x7 will be mentioned but nothing 'concrete' coming from Ibasso camp.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #2,133 of 3,155
Paul..about time u spill some bean on whats cooking in Ibasso's kitchen.Some of us ('me?)is getting a lil restless with upgraditis and most of the time,x7 will be mentioned but nothing 'concrete' coming from Ibasso camp.

Good things take a while. Don't give up hope.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 31, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #2,136 of 3,155
Decisions, Decisions..

The reason I went for a DX90 over a dac/amp was familiarity. I have always had an iPod for music before smartphones were out on the market and I was used to the concept of having a phone and a music player. It also depends on the amount of storage you have and how much you want. On my Nexus 5, there is a fixed 32 GB which together with apps is certainly not enough space for my music.

The HA-2 seems very capable and it's also sexy and slim. The main advantage of it would be that you can not only enhance your music but all of your media and game apps as well. 

The DX90 interface is perfectly fine for me and once you get used to it it's pretty much a breeze. Of course, the Xperia Z1 with it's bigger, brighter and more accurate display is better.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #2,137 of 3,155
Hi all, need some help here... I have installed the new 2.1.8 firmware (not Lurker's) and now when i play a song from a folder, it won't continuously play the next track. It's not happening to all folders but a few. I can't make sense of when it will play on and when it will not. 
This happens after i upgrade from 2.1.5. Want to find out from folks here and see if anyone having the same problem and found out how to resolve it.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #2,138 of 3,155
Hi all, need some help here... I have installed the new 2.1.8 firmware (not Lurker's) and now when i play a song from a folder, it won't continuously play the next track. It's not happening to all folders but a few. I can't make sense of when it will play on and when it will not. 
This happens after i upgrade from 2.1.5. Want to find out from folks here and see if anyone having the same problem and found out how to resolve it.

Had the same problem with you. But after I did a factory reset the problem seemed to have faded off. Not too sure if it'll happen again but seems to be better.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #2,139 of 3,155
Had the same problem with you. But after I did a factory reset the problem seemed to have faded off. Not too sure if it'll happen again but seems to be better.

I did a factory reset, rescan the library... play the same song from the same folder which is from external SD card. 
The song stop 1 sec before the track time and the player is hanged!! before i pull out the battery... what is the method for a soft reset??

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,141 of 3,155
  I just got a reply from Ibasso:

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We noticed the problem you mentioned, and fixed it.  We will release a new firmware recently.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Hadn't noticed the problem, but glad Ibasso was able to reproduce it.  Impressed with their quick response and promise to fix it quickly.

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #2,143 of 3,155
I just want to share that I also have the dx90 not playing continously so that Ibasso will take the problem more seriously. It's very annoying when the player suddenly stops and when you play it, its playing songs from another folder. I hope they release a fix soon, and that Lurker will release his own fixed version too :) currently using Lurker 2.1.8 BTW. Will probably downgrade to 2.1.5 L2 until a fix is released. Although I don't really consider it a downgrade as I still have not decided on which is better sounding between the two :)

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #2,145 of 3,155
  I just want to share that I also have the dx90 not playing continously so that Ibasso will take the problem more seriously. It's very annoying when the player suddenly stops and when you play it, its playing songs from another folder. I hope they release a fix soon, and that Lurker will release his own fixed version too :) currently using Lurker 2.1.8 BTW. Will probably downgrade to 2.1.5 L2 until a fix is released. Although I don't really consider it a downgrade as I still have not decided on which is better sounding between the two :)

i am still on the fence , the 2.1.8 hits harder but loses some clarity

i had put on 2.1.8 but wanted to check the differences so i reverted back to 2.1.5

both FW sound good , i can not tell yet which i prefer best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back