The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Apr 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #241 of 3,155
Apr 19, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #242 of 3,155
  Do you use the stock pb2?

Edit: I remember that the opamps are rollable here, but just had a second look on it and see that it already comes with different ones, so I guess there is no stock :)
This amp looks interesting, so how is it looking from the inside/what are u using? Need to get into opamps and their characteristics, any link u can provide?

I'm rocking a topkit from Head-Fi user HiFlight. The PB2 awesome on its own, but the topkit is the perfect icing on the cake. 
  I was just giving some detailed listening to the DX90 after a good 10 hour burn in..
It feels like the sound had somewhat improved (but I have no quantitative measure for this obviously, so I cant be sure if it's placebo effect or not)

I put Yiruma's music on.. I am completely blown away..

It is almost as if I am sat right next to the piano and he is playing the piece for me.
The atmosphere it creates is very beautiful and delicate.
I have never had the feeling this strong towards those pieces when listening from my PC.
It is just magical.. so impressed...

Try Keith Jarrett's Köln concert (from 1974 I believe). The recording is utterly sublime and the imaging is amazing. It's like you're sitting on stage, next to the piano. And you'll be annoyed by the guy coughing in the 4th row.
  LoL ! Don't make the hype. U cant sure it better than Ak120. Ak120 is 4x times price  :))))

I really hope you're trolling. If not, I guess it's my duty to inform you that the AK units are grossly overpriced.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #246 of 3,155
  I was there too. Were you the guy wearing shoes?

Sure, Don't want to scare the musicians. Barefoot is reserved for mixing.
wink_face.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #247 of 3,155
  Ya i tried it long time ago. I think u can only say Dx90 better if U A/B them not from your memory. I can sure my X5 better than Ak100 but not Ak120 ...

I'd take the mk2 and 120 over the x5. Non so with the DX90. I don't have an ak120 any more but I certainly don't think the DX90 sounds worse. Other than UI, being a touch bigger, and having slightly less play time, it compares pretty favorably..

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #248 of 3,155
It's been like that on DX50. So I'm not surprise it happen still on DX90. Just another reason I use rockbox on DX50 instead of the stock FW.

Are you saying DX50 has always lost the last two seconds and never been fixed? Suddenly noticed some abrubt endings yesterday, when no fadebout!

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #249 of 3,155
is there any US distributor with DX90 on stock?

ProStudio Sound and Music:
(iBasso DX90 High Resolution Dual Sabre ES9018K2M DACs with ProStudio Coaxial Connection Kit)

They still show they have the DX90 in stock, you should contact them to find out.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JRGLX3G/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1397897640&sr=8-5

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #251 of 3,155
Are you saying DX50 has always lost the last two seconds and never been fixed? Suddenly noticed some abrubt endings yesterday, when no fadebout!

I dont get any of that neither on DX50 nor DX90. Flac files, hires and cd, and 320kb aac. Always with gapless enabled. All files with squeaky clean tags and album art and only music files on the cards

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #252 of 3,155
ProStudio Sound and Music: They still show they have the DX90 in stock, you should contact them to find out.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JRGLX3G/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1397897640&sr=8-5

Thanks! weird, i couldnt search it before.   btw, i know this has been asked a million times, but, is dx90 a better pair for a bright set of cans/IEM compared to the x5 for say - vocals, instruments, and  jazz?

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #253 of 3,155
I dont get any of that neither on DX50 nor DX90. Flac files, hires and cd, and 320kb aac. Always with gapless enabled. All files with squeaky clean tags and album art and only music files on the cards

Same here, for a moment I thought I had a special unit without the bug :D

It was puzzling me people complaining about that when I couldn't hear it. :blink:

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #254 of 3,155
Thanks! weird, i couldnt search it before.   btw, i know this has been asked a million times, but, is dx90 a better pair for a bright set of cans/IEM compared to the x5 for say - vocals, instruments, and  jazz?

Well I don't know if it's good enough for you, my SE535 (well known for being bright and they surely do) now sings on the DX90 and jazz on it is just unbelievable, I keep looking around to see if there isn't a sax player hiding in the corner of my room, let's say the separation is insane. I won't even touch vocals and instruments on it, you have to listen to it to believe it. :)

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #255 of 3,155

That's a relief. I am meticulous about tagging and embedding art, but I'm sure I saw a PDF on some newly acquired hires so I,ll check out card. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back