The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
May 29, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #1,126 of 3,155
Another option I would like iBasso to add in the next firmware is to have the option to turn on LCD screen with press of any of the 3 front plate buttons (like on a smartphone). It is quite annoying for having to press the on/off button to light up the screen after pressing the backward/play/forward buttons.

May 29, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #1,127 of 3,155
Another option I would like iBasso to add in the next firmware is to have the option to turn on LCD screen with press of any of the 3 front plate buttons (like on a smartphone). It is quite annoying for having to press the on/off button to light up the screen after pressing the backward/play/forward buttons.

Isn't that counterproductive? The huge buttons are useful for controlling music while inside your pocket. Turning the screen on before activating any of the REW, PLAY, FWD function will be just a waste of battery life. You only need to use the screen when you are changing albums or play list which you only do once in a while.

Do you stare at the album art while listening to the music? :)

May 29, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,128 of 3,155

Isn't that counterproductive? The huge buttons are useful for controlling music while inside your pocket. Turning the screen on before activating any of the REW, PLAY, FWD function will be just a waste of battery life. You only need to use the screen when you are changing albums or play list which you only do once in a while.

+1

May 29, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #1,130 of 3,155

Do you stare at the album art while listening to the music?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I do "stare" :) - I read song title of/from a new album. It's a rare case when this option (assuming I could turn in on/off) could be useful.

May 29, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #1,131 of 3,155
Yes, I do "stare" :) - I read song title of/from a new album. It's a rare case when this option (assuming I could turn in on/off) could be useful.

Who says you can't turn it on? Pressing the power will do it. The argument was repeating the same function from the front buttons.

May 29, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #1,132 of 3,155
Who says you can't turn it on? Pressing the power will do it. The argument was repeating the same function from the front buttons.

So the perfest solution will be a option somewhere in menu, lets call it "turn on LCD screen with press of any of the 3 front plate buttons"(on/off) for now.
Leaving it off will make You happy, turning it on could make borrego happy.

ps.
But in my opinion DX software could use some more serious changes, starting with usb-dac driver for "modern" operating systems. Hope it will arrive soon.

May 29, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #1,133 of 3,155

No. Of course not for album art. I want the screen to turn on after I press the FWD/RWD button. For instance, you are listening to Track 1 of an album and you know your next favourote track is somewhere at Track 5 or Track 6. Then you press FWD button a few times to look for the track until you find it and stop pressing FWD.

It is how most smartphones implement their home button to behave. And I want it to be implemented as am on/off option so people like you pressing button without looking would have a choice.

May 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,137 of 3,155

+1

I often listen on shuffle and would prefer the screen to light up from prev/next without having to press the power button first. The screen isn't on long enough to worry me about power consumption and I think there's a hold switch (never used it so i could be imagining things) for the cases where I don't want it to light up.

//TB

May 29, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #1,138 of 3,155
Hi everyone. I bought the DX90 and I upgraded to FW 2.0.5 and it's still cutting off the last 3 seconds of every file. I read that the new upgrade was supposed to fix that. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I had did 3x times fw upgrade and thought the problem was fixed, but it came back after that.
With or without gapless on.. Problem still there.

May 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #1,139 of 3,155
I had did 3x times fw upgrade and thought the problem was fixed, but it came back after that.
With or without gapless on.. Problem still there.

Same with me. In fact it became consistent. Unlike in the previous FW the cut happens in random and usually doesn't repeat if I replay the same file. Now I always get the cut. This must be the most mind-blowing bug iBasso can never get right. Thank god it only happens at the end.

It looks like Rockbox is the only solution to resolve this bug.

May 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #1,140 of 3,155
Did you do a factory reset after installing the new FW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back