The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Apr 28, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #601 of 3,155
Mp4nation is lazy but in the end does do what they say they are going to do. EBay is easy to deal with to.

If you are sure of your facts paypal disputes tend to heavily favour the buyer and usually you will get a full refund. They will allow the vendor to try to make good though.

so is there a time limit for disputes

Apr 28, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #602 of 3,155

so is there a time limit for disputes

Yes there is.. You have 45 days from the time you paid. Once 45 days has passed there is nothing you can do.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #603 of 3,155
  They replied to me saying monday the dx90's will be in stock.  But actually receiving the item is another thing.  I told them they should be shipping monday otherwise refund or we'll just file complain in paypal.  overall bad customer service so far so no repeat business for me at all even if this ships.

so far dead silent from mp4nation, what will u do, today is monday and no sign of anything happening , do u plan to open dispute or ask them to cancel the order

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #606 of 3,155
I really tried to like this better than the Tera.....or at least as well. And it came so damn close. The DX90 is a hell of a DAP for $419. But then I go back to the Tera, and I just can't live without that uniquely organic tone and natural analog sound that the Tera does like no other DAP I have heard.

Oh well, I took down my ad for the Tera. But if anything the fact that it was so close is quite a statement about the DX90.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #609 of 3,155
  I really tried to like this better than the Tera.....or at least as well. And it came so damn close. The DX90 is a hell of a DAP for $419. But then I go back to the Tera, and I just can't live without that uniquely organic tone and natural analog sound that the Tera does like no other DAP I have heard.

Oh well, I took down my ad for the Tera. But if anything the fact that it was so close is quite a statement about the DX90.

I have never heard the Tera, but let the DX90 keep burning in and compare again after 400 hours or so. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #610 of 3,155
I got my tracking number from mp4nation as well. Maybe it turned out well that they were missing the x5 for so long as i was on preorder for over a month. I kept reading impressions and felt I may have decided on a new dap too quickly, and as soon as someone mentioned this nice deal with the R3 iems i canceled the x5 and went for the dx90.

Upgrading from an iPod 6G 80gb... Should be in for a pleasant surprise :)

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #611 of 3,155
Finally got my tracking number from Mp4nation.  All of a sudden they are very responsive - which is good. But i kind of find it weird that they cannot respond just as well even when they didnt have stocks?   Looks like in the end they delivered - assuming the package does arrive - but i do have a valid Fedex tracking number at this point.   Still dont want to make another transaction off of their site soon - but who knows, maybe I'm just saying that now :p

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #612 of 3,155
Well of course, they didn't want to lose potential business. If they wouldn't have included those freebie earphones they would have lost many more customers along the way. Dunno why it took a Hong Kong based store so long to stock up on Chinese products.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #613 of 3,155
I don't know what to do, I ordered a DX90 from penonaudio.com yesterday because I did not trust mp4nation but now I'm reading they got sent out. The deal at mp4nation is much better with the included IEM's. I also sent mp4nation a message regarding their stock of the DX90. Any advice, is it ok to trust mp4nation?

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #614 of 3,155
  I don't know what to do, I ordered a DX90 from penonaudio.com yesterday because I did not trust mp4nation but now I'm reading they got sent out. The deal at mp4nation is much better with the included IEM's. I also sent mp4nation a message regarding their stock of the DX90. Any advice, is it ok to trust mp4nation?

I've bought some items from them before in the past and have had no problems so far. They've managed to deliver every single time. I had a free IEM DoA and they replaced that without much fuss either.

But that's just me though. I've seen some posts from others where their experiences were not so encouraging. I guess you just can't escape the inherent risks of making online purchases. It may be hassle free, it may not.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #615 of 3,155

I've bought some items from them before in the past and have had no problems so far. They've managed to deliver every single time. I had a free IEM DoA and they replaced that without much fuss either.

But that's just me though. I've seen some posts from others where their experiences were not so encouraging. I guess you just can't escape the inherent risks of making online purchases. It may be hassle free, it may not.

+1 to this. There will always be risk.  That being said, my initial and only impression - actually more of speculation at this point - is that yeah, they really dont have intentions to defraud people out of their money.  So you will get what you purchase - but just make sure they have it in stock as I their customer service is sort of boxed on known/common things - outlier cases they really dont handle very well.  Also take a screen shot of the product page on top of the receipt you get before and after purchase so you will have proof to show them.  I'm even speculating that this their customer service is outsource to a bpo company somewhere else hence the lack of direct phone number.

generally i'd advice myself from online companies that do not have a contact number. But that dx90 really made me impatient that time. lol. wrong move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back