THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #2,371 of 3,874
   Oh , lord.....that would look nice 
tongue.gif

How are you liking those LCD 3's ?

The LCD 3's are absolutely incredible to me as I haven't auditioned any other high end headphones, the clarity and bass are really quite a jump above my DT880's. Would be nice to compare them to the LCD 2's or HD800's.

They sound great through the Conductor SL and are rather fun through my Little Dot MK IV. I'd love to hear them as well with a higher tier tube amp like your EAR+ HD, a Woo WA6 SE or especially an Eddie Current Zana Deux SE.

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2,372 of 3,874

Here's mine... a microphone stand with a boom arm.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #2,375 of 3,874

The LCD 3's are absolutely incredible to me as I haven't auditioned any other high end headphones, the clarity and bass are really quite a jump above my DT880's. Would be nice to compare them to the LCD 2's or HD800's.

They sound great through the Conductor SL and are rather fun through my Little Dot MK IV. I'd love to hear them as well with a higher tier tube amp like your EAR+ HD, a Woo WA6 SE or especially an Eddie Current Zana Deux SE.

I have heard so many good things about the great bass that your phones produce.

I am in no way a bass freak, but I would love to hear the bass from those cans.

I am not sure if the EAR +HD would power those or not.

They sure look very nice setting on the headphone stand that you have.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #2,376 of 3,874
  Real estate on my desk is at a premium. So why not build multi-function gear?

5 years ago...

today...

q.q when u gonna start selling those gorgeous stands I mean amps :3 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,377 of 3,874
After looking at these awesome stands, I decided to look around my house to see what I could build. Turns out I already had something similar that was just collecting dust. All I did was put some foam pieces on the pegs and my stand was complete. Not the best looking but compact and functional. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #2,378 of 3,874

Here's mine... a microphone stand with a boom arm.

Very cool also

OMG where is our SUNDAY TAP HANDLE q.q I hope he is ok! 

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,379 of 3,874
My new Design for headphone stands.

This design was inspired by an old piece of Japanese Architecture. I have tried many different variations on this shape, but I like this the best. This has been painted the colors of the origional piece, however I can also use exotic woods with this design.

It's very sturdy, and holds the headphones very nicely. Can hold up to two full sized headphones eaisly, or three small size headphones. The wings are curved to keep the headphones from slipping off the ends.

I'm donating two of my prototypes to the Boston/NE head-fi meet. I'm very happy with this design, so I'm teaching my dad how to make these for him to sell.

Best Headphone Stand ever! It is perfect for my tastes. I hope you decide to make more and sell these someday, I would be your first customer!!

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #2,380 of 3,874
Nothing to be proud of, but I this is the prototype I spent a couple periods desiging/machining last year.  It's sat in the corner of my closet since.  The clear scratched up acrylic would be tinted black stuff with a much smoother mold (did the clear stuff in 5 minutes) The huge cylinder at the bottom is supposed to be for wrapping cords around and the holes for storing 3.5mm/.25 adaptors.  I chose aluminum and Acrylic because (at the time) everyone on this thread was making theirs out of fancy wood and paint/stain.  Sorry for the schiity phone pics. My desk is NEVER this clean btw:

And it's going right back to the closet as soon as I upload these pictures : ) It was a fun little project way back when though.  I use my HD600s with out the grills 24/7 but that would just be weird for the pics IMO.

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #2,382 of 3,874
Nothing to be proud of, but I this is the prototype I spent a couple periods desiging/machining last year.  It's sat in the corner of my closet since.  The clear scratched up acrylic would be tinted black stuff with a much smoother mold (did the clear stuff in 5 minutes) The huge cylinder at the bottom is supposed to be for wrapping cords around and the holes for storing 3.5mm/.25 adaptors.  I chose aluminum and Acrylic because (at the time) everyone on this thread was making theirs out of fancy wood and paint/stain.  Sorry for the schiity phone pics. My desk is NEVER this clean btw:

And it's going right back to the closet as soon as I upload these pictures : ) It was a fun little project way back when though.  I use my HD600s with out the grills 24/7 but that would just be weird for the pics IMO.

This thing is great dude. I mean once you finish up the acrylic part it would look really great!

Ps that cable management desgin is cool too. I don't think I've seen anything like that.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #2,383 of 3,874
Not perfect, but hey, I tried. 
smily_headphones1.gif

It was completed in under one hour, so I just used what I could find around the house to form this junkyard monster. (Sorry about the crappy glue job!)

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,384 of 3,874
This thing is great dude. I mean once you finish up the acrylic part it would look really great!

Ps that cable management desgin is cool too. I don't think I've seen anything like that.

Forget the closet, post it on the FS thread! That thing is cool looking :D

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,385 of 3,874
Forget the closet, post it on the FS thread! That thing is cool looking :D
No... Ship it to me, I will show it some Ultrasone headphone love as it matches the HFI-780's quite nicely! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back