THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #2,266 of 3,874
Yeah the sky's the limit!. how far do you want to go?. I thought about polishing mine, and was planing on the leather cover as i found a guy that makes leather jackets and stuff in my hometown seeing if he can make a cover. I now find myself walking around the house looking at the Desk, coffee table, the entertainment stand, the bookshelf and saying "I can make these out of copper too"
atsmile.gif
. Funny part for me is the girlfriend likes my stand so much, I'm going to have to build her one too.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #2,269 of 3,874
Maybe they designed it with that specific use in mind

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2,271 of 3,874
I was going to initially make a padded leather section for the headband, but my leather skills are not up to par so I used the foam instead.
My stands have quite a few coats of spray lacquer on them so they won't tarnish as well. The foam could be cut down to just the width of the band easily if one chooses.

So in the end you would buff the shine up in the copper which is the most work, quite a few coats of spray lacquer, better if you can get an autobody shop to bake on some clearcoat. Then cut the foam down to just the width of the band or a nice padded leather section. Would be the ultimate in copper stands IMHO.
beerchug.gif

I'd love to see one made that way, Charles!

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #2,272 of 3,874

I'd love to see one made that way, Charles!

Me too sir!
One of these days, the leather wholesaler will not cut the hides, you have to buy the whole hide. So there will have to be some ear pads and other stuff made as well. The lamb skin is so soft and thin, it is truly amazing.
beerchug.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #2,274 of 3,874
Not DIY, but a stand for the "headphones for the gods"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-headphone-stand-designed-for-the-Sennheiser-Orpheus-HE90-/300970043420?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item461336681c

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2,275 of 3,874

Found an old cement knife with a cool hardwood handle in the garage. All I had to do was slide it through the support bar on my desk and Voila! A nifty headphone hook.

Wow that desk was destined for this. Brilliant haha!

Not DIY, but a stand for the "headphones for the gods"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-headphone-stand-designed-for-the-Sennheiser-Orpheus-HE90-/300970043420?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item461336681c

So that's where that stand design came from... saw it before and always adored the way it looks.
Not paying anywhere near that kind of money for one though. Cardboards shall stay my DIY stands.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #2,277 of 3,874
  Wow that desk was destined for this. Brilliant haha!

So that's where that stand design came from... saw it before and always adored the way it looks.
Not paying anywhere near that kind of money for one though. Cardboards shall stay my DIY stands.

xD I love cardboard boxes lol, I have a few I used to use in my pics.

That said, I bet the wood working guys here could totally rip off that Design ;3 OR OMG TrollDragon and the wood guys could make some kind of sexy Copper Maple hybrid headphone stand! Metal base, with a wood top or something :D

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2,279 of 3,874
  TrollDragon and the wood guys could make some kind of sexy Copper Maple hybrid headphone stand! Metal base, with a wood top or something :D

Add some leather and I'm all over that... Thanks Bro form SC! I haz to find me some Maple nao! 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #2,280 of 3,874
  Add some leather and I'm all over that... Thanks Bro form SC! I haz to find me some Maple nao! 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

ugh yes, Leather, Metal and Wood [wow that's really kinky sounding ;3] and I'd be on that like white on rice as well 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back