THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Oct 4, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #2,207 of 3,874

I also have these supports Ikea, there seems to be a better solution?

It's a nice idea - but any headphone with a significant amount of padding under the headband will become creased/dented in that area over time. 
Many pro headphone stands have curved/arched tops to evenly distribute the weight.

Originally Posted by deka-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In fact, I did not expect these opinions so negative, in my opinion for a portable headphone is not so bad.

Agreed - for simple headphones, a simple solution works best. 
Putting a simple headphone on a fine-art masterful piece of carpentry (or anything else expensive) would look ridiculous. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #2,208 of 3,874
I just want to point out that the headphones are not mine, I posted the photo I took from the insertion of an ebay seller who sells this stand.
I am very careful in purchasing, I would never buy a headset like that :)

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #2,210 of 3,874

It's a nice idea - but any headphone with a significant amount of padding under the headband will become creased/dented in that area over time. 
Many pro headphone stands have curved/arched tops to evenly distribute the weight.

Putting a simple headphone on a fine-art masterful piece of carpentry (or anything else expensive) would look ridiculous. 

Wishing I could be applied onto the surface of the substrate, a bit of spongy material and chewy, would be fine?

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #2,211 of 3,874
Yup - if you wanted a space-saving design that uses a smaller surface area, a foam/sponge/cushioning material would help prevent wear and tear over time. 

My DIY stand uses a metal road covered in copper-water-pipe insulation foam. So far so good.

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #2,213 of 3,874
That hook would be perfect for a portable headphone.

If you look back through this thread there are HD800's hanging on a $5 RocketFish plastic headphone stand.
biggrin.gif

Yea the Woo Audio Stand is not much better, but I have a thick skull although i honestly feel my jerry Rigged old Hangar stands were the best, they where very wide but uglier than sin they where 

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #2,216 of 3,874
  Sunday morning.  Time for the "Tap Handle of the Week" Headphone Stand.

I'd like to know where he get's those Tap Handles :O 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back