THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2,192 of 3,874

I don't mean to derail this thread, but compared to the velour pads, are they worth in and what are the differences? (I own HE-500s)

Meh havn't tried velours. Try hitting up the HE 400 and 500 threads. I found the pad swapping to be a PAIN so I just left the J$pads on

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2,193 of 3,874
My new Design for headphone stands.

This design was inspired by an old piece of Japanese Architecture. I have tried many different variations on this shape, but I like this the best. This has been painted the colors of the origional piece, however I can also use exotic woods with this design.

It's very sturdy, and holds the headphones very nicely. Can hold up to two full sized headphones eaisly, or three small size headphones. The wings are curved to keep the headphones from slipping off the ends.

I'm donating two of my prototypes to the Boston/NE head-fi meet. I'm very happy with this design, so I'm teaching my dad how to make these for him to sell.

Hello, I'd like to make your stand. Can you tell me sizes and some advice to make it the best?
Thank you for availability

Oct 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #2,194 of 3,874
Hello, I'd like to make your stand. Can you tell me sizes and some advice to make it the best?
Thank you for availability
You might want to send him a PM as that stand was posted 6 years ago.
:beerchug:

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2,199 of 3,874
I'm actually going to walk into an old Thirft store one day to buy some cheap antique looking things to hold all my cans. I love going into the Home Decorating stores and seeing what would make a nice head phone stand :D 

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2,201 of 3,874

What is so bad so this hook?

The hook has a very narrow diameter, which means your headphone's headband only makes contact with a very small surface area of the hook.
Therefore over time, the hook will naturally cause wear and tear to your precious headphone.
And nobody would want that.
Probably.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #2,203 of 3,874

The hook has a very narrow diameter, which means your headphone's headband only makes contact with a very small surface area of the hook.
Therefore over time, the hook will naturally cause wear and tear to your precious headphone.
And nobody would want that.
Probably.

On these hooks hang only of little value portable headphones ($ 50) that I use frequently. I do not think that placing the headphones on this stand will be ruined, because there are so many others that have as standard a small support surface.

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2,204 of 3,874
That hook would be perfect for a portable headphone.

If you look back through this thread there are HD800's hanging on a $5 RocketFish plastic headphone stand. :D

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #2,205 of 3,874
That hook would be perfect for a portable headphone.

If you look back through this thread there are HD800's hanging on a $5 RocketFish plastic headphone stand.
biggrin.gif

In fact, I did not expect these opinions so negative, in my opinion for a portable headphone is not so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back