THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jun 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #1,968 of 3,874
The Cheapest Method.

What you will need - 

1)Metal scale
2)Duck tape
3)A piece of paper

Procedure - Bend the scale according to where you are gonna place and stick it , then use duck tape to stick it , finally cover the part where your headphone is gonna rest with the paper so that it will not scratch the headband or  tear the cushioning.
The best way to keep it clean and elegant is sticking it at the back side of a monitor so that the nasty tape ain't visible :)
Works :D

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #1,969 of 3,874
More of a repurpose than a DIY I suppose, but it gets the job done!

Some sort of Weider exercise thingy clamped to the side of my desk.

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #1,970 of 3,874
Don't worry your getting exercise with that exercise thingy. Takes a lot of energy to reach over and grab a pair of headphones 
wink_face.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #1,971 of 3,874
Quote:
Don't worry your getting exercise with that exercise thingy. Takes a lot of energy to reach over and grab a pair of headphones 
wink_face.gif

I even have to plug them in.  This is getting out of hand.  Im gonna have to build a hub that switches to whichever pair is not on the rack!

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,974 of 3,874
Quote:
For some reason, my basement is extremely dusty.  I was complaining to my wife about the fact that I wanted to DIY a headphone stand but I didn't want my Grados (that she bought me for Christmas) to get all dusty.  I made a comment that I would need a bell jar to keep the dust out.  This stuck with me, and I started thinking about the possibility of creating a stand inside of a glass bell jar - it would keep my cans (mostly) dust free, and provide a beautiful display case.

Well, a weekend and about $50 later - here it is.  Yeah, the glass is going to get dusty, but at least my cans wont!

OMG this is beautiful <3 <3 <3

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,975 of 3,874
Finally finished my headphone stand. Wood base was off a vintage cabinet that took me a very long time to sand it down by hand and a sanding buffer. Top and bottom face base using lambskin leather. 3 layers of clear varnish on the non black areas. Everything cut/sanded/glued by hand so no fancy machinery invovled, not perfect but I'm proud of my creation which originally was going to be for my LCD2's. Some area's might look off, that was just the one I took my photos. Enjoy.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,977 of 3,874
Quote:
With a base that big the stand isnt going to tip over! Doesnt that stretch the arc of the headphones?

Nah it won't tip over, I like big bases, it gives off a grand feeling. Nah the arc doesn't stretch it thanks to the thin layer of foam and lambskin leather over the top it just sits there. Btw if you haven't noticed, the headband on that Lambda pro is also lambskinned.

The idea sort of came from this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-headphone-stand-for-Stax-or-Sennheiser-headphones-/300921684490?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item461054820a&_uhb=1

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,978 of 3,874
Very nice work DefQon!
I love the lambskin it adds a regal touch to the stand.
Someone has too much Stax... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back