THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jun 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #1,951 of 3,874
Quote:

Where in IKEA do you find that (the metal part)?  I tried looking last time I went and couldn't find it.

I think I just went and asked for it saying I am looking for the EKB Bjarnum....either the living room or the office area...just don't mention why you need it...the lady was looking at me like some weirdo :)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10136135/

@perr - i don't get what exactly do you need. the capita are 4 inches long. here is a more detailed explanation on the hole for the bolt - http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackfeathers/2816527404/in/set-72157607014052490/

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #1,958 of 3,874
Jun 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #1,960 of 3,874
DIY Headphone Stand
--------------------------------
This was a about $1.00 cost project for me...items have been in the garage for years.

!!!  Nothing is too good for my refurbished Shure SRH440 headphones from Ebay ('sock mod' completed upon arrival)  !!!

MATERIALS:
Glue (Permatex Clear Silicone Adhesive Sealant)
Wine Bottle
Spray Paint - Flat Black
1" Diameter Wooden Dowel or PVC Pipe
1/2" Felt strip (it is sticky on one side)
Aquarium Rocks or Pea Gravel or Marbles
Swim Noodle (3.75" outer diameter / 1" inner diameter)
1 - 6" x 6" Ceramic Tile from the flooring department of Lowes ($0.88) This was the only thing I had to buy...already had all of the rest

TOOLS:
Funnel
Small Serrated Knife

NOTE:
You can drink the wine at any time...before or during the project...rinse the bottle and let it dry.

STEPS:
[1]    Cut a one foot length off of the end of a swim noodle.
[2]    Cut a one foot length of 1" dowel and insert it through the middle length of swim noodle.
[3]    Spray the one foot segment of the swim noodle/dowel with paint and allow it to dry.
[4]    Put a strip of felt along the bottom edges of the ceramic tile.
[5]    Fill about one-third of the wine bottle with aquarium rocks, or pea gravel, or marbles (use funnel).  Be sure to put the lid on the wine bottle to prevent glue from dripping inside.
[6]    Cut a hole, slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the top of the wine bottle, 6" from the end of the swim noodle, until you hit the dowel, which is inside of the swim noodle.
[7]    Pour some glue into the hole and twist the wine bottle (with lid attached) into the hole.
[8]    Put glue around the bottom edge of the wine bottle and center it on the ceramic tile.
[9]    Let it dry...be patient!
[10]  Hang up your headphones!

***  If you have very heavy/large cans, you could use two wine bottles and a longer section of swim noodle.  ***

This was a fun project, wandering around the house and garage, thinking "what can I hang my headphones on?"

I'm not skilled/talented like some of you...just a mom!

======================================

06/27/2013:

Tweaked and edited...here are a couple of pics with the ceramic tile base.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #1,961 of 3,874
Quote:
DIY Headphone Stand
--------------------------------
This was a $0.00 cost project...all items have been in the garage for years.

!!!  Nothing is too good for my refurbished Shure SRH440 headphones from Ebay ('sock mod' was completed upon arrival)  !!!

MATERIALS:

Wine Bottle
Swim Noodle
Spray Paint - Flat Black
Aquarium Rocks or Pea Gravel or Marbles

TOOLS:
Small Serrated Knife
Funnel?
Elmer's Glue?

NOTE:
You can drink the wine at any time...before or during the project...rinse the bottle and let it dry.

STEPS:
[1]    Cut a one foot length off the end of a swim noodle.
[2]    Spray the one foot segment of the swim noodle with paint and allow it to dry.
[3]    Fill about one-third of the wine bottle with aquarium rocks, or pea gravel, or marbles.
[4]    Cut a hole, slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the top of the wine bottle, through the center of the swim noodle, until you are to the central hole/void of the swim noodle.
[5]    Twist the wine bottle into the hole (optional - glue in place).
[6]    Hang up your headphones.

If you have very heavy/large cans, you could use two wine bottles and a longer section of swim noodle, or you could put a wooden dowel through the central void of the swim noodle....I am still thinking about possible tweaks.

I'm not skilled/talented like some of you...just a mom!

Very very cool. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #1,962 of 3,874
Quote:
NOTE:

I see what you did there. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back