THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
May 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #1,906 of 3,874
Lol that's a classic!

May 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #1,907 of 3,874
Quote:
A friend did this for me. The head is made of fiberglass.  Wood base or box is made of bamboo which also doubles as a storage for my portable stack and cables.

These frighten me a little.

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,910 of 3,874
I searched for ages to find something to hang my Grado' s on. I eventually found a mug stand.

I pushed the rods through all the way. If I had two sets of cans I could have left it as is.

The finished stand with my Grado's on.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #1,911 of 3,874
Nice.

I use a Rubbermaid FastTrack hose hook (v1, the one pictured, not the newer version) with a bit of foam on it myself.  More support for the headband so that hopefully it will lessen the chances of it deforming over time.

Cheap enough, and when I decide to make something else I can stick it back on my FastTrack rails in my garage.  Plus the bottom of it fits perfectly around my FiiO E09K/E17 combo, which is an unexpected but pleasant bonus.

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #1,912 of 3,874
Quote:
My first foray into copper to match the rails on my Mad Dogs.  It's not perfect, and I learned a lot from my (highly visible) mistakes, but it's functional, fits the designed space around my Schiit stack, and it'll do the trick for now.

(Sorry for not embedding the images...probably because I've been a lurking for a while and didn't start posting until recently.  I'll check back to embed when possible.) 

[Mod Edit: Embedded them for you.]

Very nice ! and thanks for the inspiration.
I'm about to try to build an audio rack out of copper tubing for my stack.

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,914 of 3,874
Try Here for the Koss KSH1...
http://www.nejsluchatka.cz/drzak-koss-hold-a-phone-velky.html

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,916 of 3,874
I cant buy all those fancy stuff over here, so would those woman handbag holders work? Or they are too thin and would damage the headphone?
Depends on how wide the handle part is, if it is really narrow like wire it will leave a mark in the headband. Wrap it with some foam or make one from wood etc... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #1,917 of 3,874
Also if you are in the US, that Koss headphone stand is available on Amazon & eBay.

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #1,919 of 3,874
Now all you need to do is dip them in that rubber stuff they put on plier handles and start selling them on etsy and here... Nice job! :D

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,920 of 3,874
Quote:
Now all you need to do is dip them in that rubber stuff they put on plier handles and start selling them on etsy and here... Nice job!
biggrin.gif

Thanks! Haha good idea! I originally wanted to coat it in some sort of rubberised material, but had some trouble sourcing anything :frowning2: It's up on instructables, and anyone is free to make their own, and remix it however they want :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back