THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #1,682 of 3,874
I have turned lots of pieces in the past...but I cheated on this one and purchased all of these pieces from Home Depot.  
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #1,683 of 3,874
Doesn't quite fit this thread since it is store bought, but for those with less DIY skills or tools, the Rocketfish headphone stand that is available from Best Buy for $7.99 is pretty good.  Only real problem is that the plastic where the headphone band goes is raised up (inverted to what makes sense) and puts some serious indentations into my headband cushioning.  Solved this problem with a $1 can koozy and a touch of hot glue.  Now, it is a fantastic stand!

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,684 of 3,874
I just love it when there are $1K+ cans on a sub $10 stand...
Too Fine! 
dt880smile.png

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,685 of 3,874
Quote:
I have turned lots of pieces in the past...but I cheated on this one and purchased all of these pieces from Home Depot.  
biggrin.gif

I just might have to take a wander through my home depot as well!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,686 of 3,874
Total cost was < $30.00.  The wooden pieces even come pre-drilled in the center with the screws included so you can easily join them together.  
happy_face1.gif
  A little work was needed to get the metal cabinet hardware on, but in all it only took about an hour total build time.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,687 of 3,874
Quote:
Solved this problem with a $1 can koozy and a touch of hot glue.

I have one of these sitting on my desk at home.  I've been staring at it for a couple days and placing various roundish things on it to see if I could figure something out.  CAN KOOZY and HOT GLUE!  That just might be the thing.  THANKS FraGGleR!

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #1,688 of 3,874
Quote:
I just love it when there are $1K+ cans on a sub $10 stand...
Too Fine! 
dt880smile.png

Yes.  It is just priceless.   
size]

However, spending less money on the stand, frees up more money to buy those higher-end boutique cables.  I know there is a ratio that one could use for investing in an adequate amp for their headphones.  I'm just not sure such a ratio has been established for matching a
headphone stand vs. the cost of the headphone.  Hmm ... 

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #1,689 of 3,874
Quote:

Yes.  It is just priceless.   
size]

However, spending less money on the stand, frees up more money to buy those higher-end boutique cables.  I know there is a ratio that one could use for investing in an adequate amp for their headphones.  I'm just not sure such a ratio has been established for matching a
headphone stand vs. the cost of the headphone.  Hmm ... 

In my defense, the gas money to get to Walmart along with the taxes for both the stand and the koozy (not to mention the 5 minutes it took to cut the koozy and glue it on) brought the total cost to at least $11...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back