THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jan 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,622 of 3,874
Quote:

My 2 in 1 DIY headphone/IEM holder, just finished sticking it together and painting
smily_headphones1.gif
I wish I had access to some nice tools though, could have made a sexy wooden stand like all the ones on this thread
wink.gif

Crafty!

I like how the IEMs are hidden. Nice work.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #1,625 of 3,874
Think you could share how you made that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I found a little necklace holder of my sisters that she didn't want anymore (the entire inside part), and I just used a few sheets of acrylic, chloroform, sand paper, and spray paint and violá, headphone stand!

Oh and for the top of it I just found some foam and leatherette material and stuck it on :)

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #1,626 of 3,874
Here's my stand for my HE-500s.  Made with basic tools: tablesaw, jigsaw, drill, and router.  Shellac on the base, spray can on top, and everything coated with polyurethane.  I may go back and use rubbing poly as the current finish isn't as smooth as I'd like.

Took the last one on an uneven surface, which makes the base look lopsided.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #1,627 of 3,874
Quote:
Here's my stand for my HE-500s.  Made with basic tools: tablesaw, jigsaw, drill, and router.  Shellac on the base, spray can on top, and everything coated with polyurethane.  I may go back and use rubbing poly as the current finish isn't as smooth as I'd like.

Wow, I really like this. You could even run something in between and hang some IEMs if you wanted. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,629 of 3,874
Quote:

This is really beautiful, I love the circles for where the pads sit!

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #1,631 of 3,874
Quote:

Awesome!!!

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,632 of 3,874
Very nice stand Crispy! Noobmachine I like how your stand is a bit like a swiss knife, multi purpose! I might build one with led lights and usb power it so I have a 2 in 1 desk lamp/stand

Haha thanks, I made it mainly cause I lack the space for separate stands for earphones and headphones, efficiency is awesome :) The lamp seems like an awesome idea, maybe I should make it light up as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back