THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,576 of 3,874
I can't appreciate enough, how much fun and inspirational it has been going this thread. I have enough mechanisms to hang my headphones but cant get enough of em. so I keep coming back to this thread for ideas, its refreshing
I made another attempt and hope this counts.

Btw the attempt was to drive past IKEA ...:)

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,577 of 3,874
Quote:
I can't appreciate enough, how much fun and inspirational it has been going this thread. I have enough mechanisms to hang my headphones but cant get enough of em. so I keep coming back to this thread for ideas, its refreshing
I made another attempt and hope this counts.

Btw the attempt was to drive past IKEA ...:)

Cute headphone hook!

You can never have enough headphone stands, after all, what if you buy new headphones?

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,578 of 3,874
317915_10151401182500129_60690036_n.jpg

made the stand out of some re-purposed wood. My first attempt at making anything since high school wood shop 
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #1,580 of 3,874
I was at the Container Store and thought that either of these paper towel holders would work and look pretty good. $20 each.

The first one looks better but doesn't spread the contact out very much on the headband.

This might work too, or it might be too short.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,584 of 3,874
Quote:
If anyone in Canada is interested, I managed to pick this up at IKEA a couple of days ago. I think it is a paper towel holder of sorts.

I just wrapped the top of it with some electrical tape so it wasn't as slippery and my a900x's are pretty happy with it. The stand itself was a whopping $9.99 and the tape was about a $1.50.

If you got a Build-A-Bear nearby, their "Bear Stand"s are $5, and already rubberized on top. Also height adjustable.

Obviously position in 1st pic not suitable for heavier headphones.

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,586 of 3,874
brand new here this is my fist post on this forum
here is my first attempt 
i used copper mainly because i already had everything but the insulation

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t230/natas2k7/audio/2013-01-18_21-28-12_393_zps76f1cdf5.jpg

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,588 of 3,874
Quote:
brand new here this is my fist post on this forum
here is my first attempt 
i used copper mainly because i already had everything but the insulation

Nice Job!
Let me post that up for you steeveejee!

I can seriously relate to a copper stand
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #1,589 of 3,874
You could use the smaller LEGO head and the 1x1 brick as a headphone stand. I just personally don't like the idea of the pads pressing against something all the time. The LEGO head is about the size of kid's head.

Here's a stand I've been working on. I found this thing (I have no idea what it is) at the Habitat for Humanity for $4 and thought it had headphone stand potential. There's all kinds of old junk at that place that could be made into something cool.

Polished up and cleaned off. I also used my rotary sander to flatten this hump in the middle a little.

I used a foam texture paint roller over top a piece piping insulation for the band part. I will probably add some glue in between to close the gap between the two foams.

I'm thinking I may spray paint the black base and the black pastic on the rods as well. Maybe a brushed aluminum or navy blue to match the HiFiMans.

It's kind of odd looking for sure but it was a fun little project. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back