THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
May 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #827 of 3,874
Gregoirepat: Very very nice. It seems like a classy wood version of the woo audio stand, and I LIKE that.
beerchug.gif

Here's my take on the DIY stand. It's beefy, but is pretty bulky compaired to the H style stands. It's stained red oak bass with a 1.5" poplar dowel cut at a 45 and rejoined, then painted. I'm still working on it, the plan is to put on the part where the headphone rests an oak donut over the rod, and a circular oak end-cap, with felt in between... We'll see though

May 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #828 of 3,874

Quote:
Gregoirepat: Very very nice. It seems like a classy wood version of the woo audio stand, and I LIKE that.
beerchug.gif

Here's my take on the DIY stand. It's beefy, but is pretty bulky compaired to the H style stands. It's stained red oak bass with a 1.5" poplar dowel cut at a 45 and rejoined, then painted. I'm still working on it, the plan is to put on the part where the headphone rests an oak donut over the rod, and a circular oak end-cap, with felt in between... We'll see though

congratulations, you just saves $350 by making your own stand rather than buying one from headphile.

May 19, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #829 of 3,874
Thank you for the kind comparison, if only I could do the same thing with my wooden headphone cups
deadhorse.gif

May 27, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #833 of 3,874
Thanks! I just Finished the gloss coat so here are a few more pictures, including one with the cord wrapped around the knob. I used my IEM cord because the 10 foot thick cable of the ATH-M50 didn't look so great on the knob.

Sorry for all the pictures, I got a little carried away.

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #836 of 3,874
Thought I'll share this. Made completely from recyclable materials found around the house. Shabby looking, but works fine for $0 cost.

Materials: 
  • Long cardboard roll from Ikea rug purchase
  • Raffia string to secure opposite end to cheap Ikea drawer
  • Cardboard from paper towel roll
  • Spare foam under cardboard to give it more shape
  • 2 rubber bands
  • S-hook lying around for cable management

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #837 of 3,874
Just put this together today.  Hung the stick with some curtain rod mounts.  Seems to work fine and goes along with the sports theme of the office.

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #840 of 3,874
Haven't been keeping up with this thread (sadly), but I need a stand that I can use with my HE 500. The cables coming from the headphones make it annoyingly hard to find a stand for without possibly damaging the cables.

Anyone have the same issue that has found a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back