THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Dec 26, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #121 of 3,874
I prefer my $400+ headphones on my stands rather than just lying around.
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #122 of 3,874
Imo it's not about saving deskspace, it's a piece of furniture thats supposed to look nice with your phones. Could just hang it on the wall if I wanted to save desk space!

Why shouldn;t the cushions be under any pressure?, I hate it when I just let it hang, then the headband tightens and I have to untighten it again when I put them on not to get headaches. ;P

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #123 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a bunch of small scraps of 1/2" birch plywood laying around and have more headphones than stands - soooooo....

plywood1lt3.jpg

plywood2hq4.jpg

Sweet buddy! I love the industrial design, and the frontward slope. Are you about ready to move down here and go into business with me?
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #124 of 3,874
Ran a google for DIY headphone stands and found this thread.. awesome site, just confirmed that once again.

Anyway, heres mine: It used to be one of those up-close mirrors, but I unscrewed the mirror, bent the metal frame slightly, and put some rubber on the base. Now its a poor mans DIY dual-phone metal stand!

Jan 16, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #127 of 3,874
Oh wow, I totally forgot about this thread after the outage.
Cool stuff guys and gals!

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #130 of 3,874
haha...I have the same coasters...but with a P
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #131 of 3,874
I swear I have found the cheapest banana hangers ever. I was initially looking at bed, bath, and beyond and linen&things and only found ones that were either $20 or broken. So I went over to Walmart and looked around their kitchen section. Guess what I found for $5. This has to be the cheapest stand around. The quality is even better than the ones I found at bb&b and lnt. For anyone who doesnt have a stand yet you now have no excuse.

BTW, this was at a supercenter so I'm not 100% certain that the smaller ones carry these. For $5 my pricey headphones don't have to rest on my desk anymore.

108_0823.jpg

108_0824.jpg

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #132 of 3,874
I thought this was the 'DIY headphone stand' thread......... not the 'buy the cheapest thing you can find to hang headphones on' thread.....
^_^

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #133 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought this was the 'DIY headphone stand' thread......... not the 'buy the cheapest thing you can find to hang headphones on' thread.....
^_^

Lol. Would it count as DIY if I said I sanded down a rough patch on it?

Feb 16, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #134 of 3,874
I totally have an idea for a stand, I'll try and get pictures of a beginning tommorow, some of you may laugh, but I think it's a "unique" idea
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #135 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swear I have found the cheapest banana hangers ever. I was initially looking at bed, bath, and beyond and linen&things and only found ones that were either $20 or broken. So I went over to Walmart and looked around their kitchen section. Guess what I found for $5. This has to be the cheapest stand around. The quality is even better than the ones I found at bb&b and lnt. For anyone who doesnt have a stand yet you now have no excuse.

BTW, this was at a supercenter so I'm not 100% certain that the smaller ones carry these. For $5 my pricey headphones don't have to rest on my desk anymore.

108_0823.jpg

108_0824.jpg

That is very nice. I have looked and looked and looked for banana hangers but I can't find any. My partner found a neat cup holder the other day that works great as it has a center wood post with two opposite hangers so I can hang two headphones and then there are two lower posts that work very well for the cable. I mentioned the great banana hanger you showed here and she said, "I found what you needed". Yes but this is HeadFi and the quest never ends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back