THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #3,092 of 3,874
What is professional to you? Seriously.

Hi Billson,

A professional would, first and foremost, be doing this for a living. Secondly, his process would probably begin with profit in mind and the systematic production may then follow that path leading to a fattening of the bottomline.  I don't.  My creative ideogenesis begins with me seeing an object or material that I find interesting.  A shape, a space on an empty wall, a personal necessity.  Thus, in this regard, I am a mere weekend DIYer at best.

[size=13.3333330154419px][/size]

[size=13.3333330154419px][/size]

I saw a space on the wall near my bedroom workstation.  I decided to fill it with file organizers. I challenge myself to make one that does not look like a conventional run-of-the-mill file organizers.

Parkinson's Law best describes my approach to making headphone stands.  Work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion.  In my case, it is to eradicate ennui and boredom.  :)

When friends and acquaintances ask for them, I do them.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #3,093 of 3,874
How much do you usually get for one of them? Just curious. You could totally sell them on a site like etsy if you wanted to.

Thanks for the suggestion, linglingjr.  :)

I may consider that just for fun.  Though between running a family business and a wife to attend to, I don't see myself giving it too much time.  One order at a time is all that I can squeeze out.  Besides, this hobby of ours is so demanding.  Not only must we devote time to listen to music critically, we must also find time to read about new products and reviews online!

Heck, with this much devoted to this hobby, I find myself dreaming about headphones in my sleep!

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,094 of 3,874

Thanks for the suggestion, linglingjr.  :)

I may consider that just for fun.  Though between running a family business and a wife to attend to, I don't see myself giving it too much time.  One order at a time is all that I can squeeze out.  Besides, this hobby of ours is so demanding.  Not only must we devote time to listen to music critically, we must also find time to read about new products and reviews online!

Heck, with this much devoted to this hobby, I find myself dreaming about headphones in my sleep!

oh hello zere.

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #3,097 of 3,874

Hi Billson,

A professional would, first and foremost, be doing this for a living. Secondly, his process would probably begin with profit in mind and the systematic production may then follow that path leading to a fattening of the bottomline.  I don't.  My creative ideogenesis begins with me seeing an object or material that I find interesting.  A shape, a space on an empty wall, a personal necessity.  Thus, in this regard, I am a mere weekend DIYer at best.

Parkinson's Law best describes my approach to making headphone stands.  Work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion.  In my case, it is to eradicate ennui and boredom.  :)

When friends and acquaintances ask for them, I do them.

smily_headphones1.gif

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.

Aristotle

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3,099 of 3,874
What is professional to you? Seriously.

i have been a mechanic for over 20 years now and still consider myself an amateur. You can never stop learning in life. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #3,101 of 3,874
spe3llv3xit and WoodWarmth have made me want to learn the art of manipulating wood. Unfortunately there are no courses for people that want to take it up as a hobby where I live

Any ideas where to start? :)

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #3,102 of 3,874
  spe3llv3xit and WoodWarmth have made me want to learn the art of manipulating wood. Unfortunately there are no courses for people that want to take it up as a hobby where I live

Any ideas where to start? :)

you can start in your own house. you just need the tools to start and the will to start a project. just buy things as you can afford them and try that's all it takes.

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #3,103 of 3,874
Here's a crazier setup.

It does however, prime the Hugo for either full-sized headphone desktop listening (RCA to Woo Audio) or IEM enjoyment.

What is your actual profession, not to be nosey but your very creative. I love how you blend all the corners of the wood together so it looks like it was made of a solid piece. All the different angles and radiuses are so smooth. You could jus tmake modern art and sell it great job.

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #3,104 of 3,874
What is your actual profession, not to be nosey but your very creative. I love how you blend all the corners of the wood together so it looks like it was made of a solid piece. All the different angles and radiuses are so smooth. You could jus tmake modern art and sell it great job.

Thanks.  Hahaha... I am an accountant by training but I run a family enterprise that ships and peddles hardware materials (nuts and bolts) to the far-flung provinces of Mindanao (southern Philippines).

These wood works are my way of giving form to the things in my mind.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back